Tire Suggestions ?

hammbone

I have a 2011 road warrior 405 with 235 80 16 load range e I had a tire blow out luckley i was only going around 25 mph but i want to replace all 6 tires but want the best ones i can buy I am hoping for some suggestions likes and dislikes thanks for the help

scottyb

Can you tell us what brand of tire that failed on your road warrior? I just replaced my Towmax with Michelin XPS Ribs 235 85 R16. I thought about changing wheels and going to a 17.5 but after reading the reviews of the Michelins, I made my choice. If you have ever read tire reviews, they are usually all over the place, but they are almost unanimous on this tire, at Tire Rack. NTB had the best delivered and installed price but Discount Tire matched their price.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I too had very good service from Michelin XPS ribs when I had my Bighorn. Since moving to the Landmark, my Goodyears are doing well.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our 1-year-old Maxxis with approx 12K miles are still looking brand new. Got the recommendation here on this forum, couldn't be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sumo

I would go from an E (10 ply) to an F (12 ply) in what ever tire manufacture you think is best.

jnbhobe

If you have 110psi wheels you can go to GY 614's. If not I would use a LT 235-85-16 commerical tire.

TXTiger

Can you tell us what brand of tire that failed on your road warrior? I just replaced my Towmax with Michelin XPS Ribs 235 85 R16. I thought about changing wheels and going to a 17.5 but after reading the reviews of the Michelins, I made my choice. If you have ever read tire reviews, they are usually all over the place, but they are almost unanimous on this tire, at Tire Rack. NTB had the best delivered and installed price but Discount Tire matched their price.

I too am looking at this tire, the Michelin XPS Rib in 235/85/16, for my 2012 Cyclone 4014. Any issues with clearance problems with a triple axle. What did you pay? I am being quoted about $315 plus mounting for about a total of $345 each.