Wimpy Bathroom Vent Fan

theroes

So we have a new Greystone 33ck. I go to use the bathroom and notice the little wimpy vent fan that the factory installed (really):p. When I purchased my Jayco they at least realized the importance of properly venting the bathroom for steam and other smells and installed a fantastic knock off fan! Why would heartland skimp on that 150 to 200 item?? That should be standard, now I have to go buy a MaxxAir fan that will mount on the existing vent. I looked at the fantastic fan but don't want to disturb the roof. Sorry for the rant but i am sure others are feeling the pain.

Gizzy

Re: Bathroom Fan

I installed a Heng Vortex fan and very pleased with it, especially with the price and ease of installation. It made a BIG difference and the installation required no modifications at all. Just take out the old fan and install the new one. Google it and look for the best price.

theroes

Thanks Gizzy, I will look into it. I might go with the Turbo Maxx by Maxxair. I like to leave the vents open all year to keep air moving in the camper. Looks like a Christmas present for David!

wdk450

BTW, that dinky little bathroom fan motor that all Heartland owners got has been a source of radio frequency noise interference over the years and cause people to loose over-the-air TV signals on the bedroom TV. I replaced mine with a 12 volt DC computer power supply box fan.

donr827

Every trailer that I have owned, four different manufacturers, has come with the wimpy vent fan. Although not the best I have never found a reason to replace it.
Don

Birchwood

Our Landmark had the same fan but when we installed our front air I got them to remove the bedroom factory Fantastic fan and reinstall it in our bathroom.It has a wall thermostat that can be activated while you are doing your business.
The Fantastic fan removes odors very quickly.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Every trailer that I have owned, four different manufacturers, has come with the wimpy vent fan. Although not the best I have never found a reason to replace it.
Don

All of mine as well. Even a motorized coach came with the wimpy fan. They were adequate but too noisy for my liking. Replaced with Fantastic w/rain sensor. My more recent SOB was a Jayco Jayflight 5ver and it had the wimpy fan too.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Why would heartland skimp on that 150 to 200 item??.
Well $150 here, $200 there, $75 here, $20 somewhere else and people would expect a Landmark for the price of a Greystone.
That aint gonna happen.
These rigs are built to stay within a certain price range. There are price ranges all over the place.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Funny, my BH has the wimpy bathroom fan still. It seems to draw steam from the shower just fine, as well as any noxious fumes from my alimentary canal. It is a bit noisy and interferes with the TV (over the air, not satelite), though. I replaced the bedroom wimpy fan with a single speed Heng Vortex and may move it to the bathroom and put a 3-speed Heng in its place. In all honesty, the Heng is not all that quiet, either, just a less annoying frequency of sound.

I've examined wonderful Jayco's at several shows and even owned one of their pop-ups. Nothing to write home about.

pegmikef

I installed a Heng Vortex fan and very pleased with it, especially with the price and ease of installation. It made a BIG difference and the installation required no modifications at all. Just take out the old fan and install the new one. Google it and look for the best price.

Ditto, takes about fifteen minutes.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton

just got done installing the fantasic fan in the bathroom today wired it up to 1-60 minute timer

ZNK

Ditto, takes about fifteen minutes.

Installation of the fan only took 15 minutes? Is it basically just 'plug and play'?

I was in my parents Landmark last week and they have a fantastic maxx fan. I am envious as my "wimpy" fan doesn't do much at all. I am wondering if you can just replace the fan part without the cover on top. I installed the Maxx covers a few months ago.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Installation of the fan only took 15 minutes? Is it basically just 'plug and play'?

I was in my parents Landmark last week and they have a fantastic maxx fan. I am envious as my "wimpy" fan doesn't do much at all. I am wondering if you can just replace the fan part without the cover on top. I installed the Maxx covers a few months ago.

Replacing the OEM fans with a Heng Vortex does not require any outside work. You first remove the plastic flange around the ceiling opening by removing the four screws and then disassemble the fan from inside the trailer. There are only two wires to disconnect/connect and install the new fan. You actually have more individual parts from the OEM fan than you put in with the Heng, since it's basically a self-contained assembly. It is pretty simple. Oh, a dab of white grease on the sliding lid mechanism will help it work much smoother, especially the OEM fan mechanisms.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Camping world sells the Heng Vortex, we bought ours elsewhere ( eBay and Amazon) and were unhappy with the results. Sent both back for refund. (too loud, and made a strange harmonic tone that drove me batty.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk