ResistAll exterior protective coating

We have a 2013 Heartland 3270RES 5th wheel that is about to be delivered. The dealer offers an exterior ResistAll protective coating for $998.00, good for 5 years. Should we accept or decline this add-on offer? The brochure says it "seals & protects paint from Weather-induced fading & loss of gloss; Acid rain, bird droppings & tree sap; Permanent hard water etching & industrial fallout". Why or why not?

danemayer

Hi Don and Becky,

Congratulations on the new trailer and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people willing to share what they know.

I'm sure you'll get quite a few responses very soon.

GOTTOYS

RUN don't walk away from that deal. HUGE added dealer profit item. I worked in the automotive industry for years. This type of product was sold at a lot of dealers under many names. If you read the fine print they usually want you to come back every year for a "reapplication". They use a polymer type of polish that is very similar to Rejex, Nu-Finish, Ice. You can purchase a bottle of any of these and get the same results doing it once year. It will cost you under $20.00. Over five years you might have to buy 2 or 3 bottles. Pretty good chance the company won't be around to back up any warranties they may give. That's how they operate...On the other hand if you want to spend the money, it's always good for the economy to spend a lot of money and get almost nothing in return..Just Googled them, some interesting stories about this stuff not doing what they said it would do and the company not paying claims..That's me story and I'm sticking to it...Don

curly2001

I just purchased a new Sundance and the dealer wanted me to pay for a coating that would guarantee the finish for five years. I didn't take that option but wondered what I can use to keep it new looking? Thanks for the help.
Curly

mwr322000

I just ordered a silverado 36tb and my dealer is offering the same thing. sounds like its an expensive wax job that I could do myelf a lot cheaper. I orderd this unit with the upgraded outside finish. has anyone had better luck with this higher gloss finish with keeping the coach free of black streaks? I was determined that I would never have another White coach again but we really like this floor plan and layout but white is the only option.

We just picked up the Heartland Sundance 3270 from the dealer. We love the unit! We did not buy the ResistAll exterior protective coating Thanks for the advice!