Does anyone here own an Augusta yet?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hello all,
Linda and I have recently decided that we would like to upgrade and the Landmark Augusta we saw at a local dealership looks really nice. I can see many improvements from our 2006 Bighorn to this Augusta. I would like to hear from any owners out there of their experience in this new floorplan.

Thanks,
Mark

kkamshop

Which dealership has the Augusta? We want to see one in person and we would drive to Ohio to do it :)

I love that floorplan too - at least on paper...

Kathy

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Best Buy RVs in Springfield has the Augusta. It is right off of I70. Talk with Jerry Smith, he is the Manager there. Let him know that Mark Comer sent you. They have been very good to us and I told them I would send people their way. Please let me know your experience with them.

You might want to call the factory to see if you could go there to see them. They also would have the other new floorplan to look at with the hallway to the bedroom on the off-door side.

Last edited:

kkamshop

Best Buys it is! Will be sure to mention your name if we can get over there. Actually, we are going that way in a couple weeks on our way to an RV.net Ohio rally, so maybe we can squeeze that in on the way.

We toured the factory in May, but at that time Scott said that Landmarks were mainly built to order. We saw BigHorn, Big Country, and Cyclones in production.

The other side bath floorplan is not as appealing to me as I prefer the lower kitchen cabinets that come with a kitchen slide.

Thanks for your reply...

kkamshop

Well, we had the opportunity to check out the Augusta first hand today...

What a great floorplan - the kitchen has lots of storage room and the microwave was not too high (although another 2" lower would be ideal).

Do not care for the Espresso color scheme and the pleated bedroom door is so tacky, but we would probably never use it anyway.

This unit is definitely at the top of my wish list!

Scoped out the Augusta

Well, I had the opportunity to tour the 08 Augusta at the Hershey RV show. I was really impressed with the floor plan. Quality workmanship (that I could see), plenty of room and reasonably priced.

I've had a HR Alumascape for many years and don't know much about the Landmark. I'm curious about the quality of these rigs. Type of construction and materials used.

Anybody know much about service and the company?

Thanks
KC

Princess Kathleen

They are a top quality with their service and the materials used can be found on their website.
Heartland stands behind their product...they make it right...if you read the posts in this forum...not only a great company with a great product, but a great bunch of forum members that will assist when you ask....
PK

ChopperBill

I not sure if this is exactly true but a dealer principal that took on Landmarks said that Heartland lowered the prices around the 10 grand mark. :confused: If so you might start seeing them on lots.

We were told the same thing at the Hershey show. Seems by lowering the price they entered a new market and sales were beginning to grow on this particular model.