Cleaning window seals

robnmo

We've got white seals around the exterior of the windows, (not talking about the wide white border) but the small seal between the glass and border, we've tried everything including small amounts of bleach to get the dark spots off that seal, nothing is working, anyone have any other suggestions?

jasons09cyclone

I used the same wax used on the fiberglass walls for those seals and it got them back to white... Seamed to work well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

robnmo

I used the same wax used on the fiberglass walls for those seals and it got them back to white... Seamed to work well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We tried the wax, actually several waxes, tried again today while waxing the exterior. No go. Might give it a shot again tomorrow.

crmfghtr

Before I was in law enforcement, I owned a upholstery Shop. We used to use Acrysol to clean the adhesive, felt marker ink, etc. from the vinyl and rubber products. You can purchase it by the quart from a automotive paint store. It also works great on road tar on your truck. clean the affected area allow it to dry then apply 303 protectant.

wal_mart

Probably not the same, but, the camper we leave in Florida developes black spots throughout the vinyl. I clean them with a scrubby pad and cleaner wax. Removes the spots. Over time it may remove some vinyl.