PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Montgomery - 4/5/2013 to 4/7/2013

TomMar
08-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Come one - Come all, the South Texas Chapter HOC will have the spring 2013 rally at Lake Conroe KOA which is located approximately 1-1/2 miles from Lake Conroe. April in Texas should be beautiful and the spring weather great. Stay tuned for more information.

The park is a beautiful park all concrete, right on Hwy 105 just west of Conroe and east of Montgomery (home of the Texas flag). The park used to be called Haven's Landing and has great facilities including an indoor pool.

19785 Hwy 105, West, Montgomery, TX 77356

If you are a Heartland owner or a SOB owner all are welcome. Heartland owners also have the opportunity to join the Heartland Owners Club. Please watch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aUxhUj_2jro) the video in this link for more information

Venue:
------------------------------

Lake Conroe KOA
19785 Hwy 105, West
Montgomery, TX 77356
Jan Modglin 936-582-1200 (tel:936-582-1200)
lakeconroe@koa.net (http://lakeconroe@koa.net)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $0
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $0

Details:

Number of sites held: 25
Site fee: $$29.00 per night.
Club Member Event fee: None
Non-Club Member fee: $20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 4/6/2013
Potluck time: 6:30pm

Schedule:

Friday - April 5
6:30 - Ice Cream Social - Meet & Greet

Saturday - April 6
8:30a - Breakfast at (?) Sponsored by Ron Hoover RV
9:00a - Sign up for Ron Hoover Technician support
6:30p - Pot Luck Dinner
7:30p - South Texas Wii

All Day -Ron Hoover Technician available for minor repairs

Sunday - April 7
Return to ???? Where ever your heart desires..........Travel Safe

Event Leader: TomMar(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=3778)

Additional Info:
There will be an ice cream social on Friday night for all of the early arrivals.

Ron Hoover RV has already committed to participate in this rally with the display of 2 rigs, probably a boat and a service technician. Details for all events will be provided after the fall rally.

1) Tom & Marti Mangum, #1195 tommar
2) Gary & Michelle Oliver, #1563 meandg
3) Peg & Mike Finnegan, #2001 pegmikef
4) Jay & Stella Coffman, #1017 jayc
5) Dan & Ann Mayer, #1858 danemayer
6) Jerry & Diane Talley, #1104 talley
7) Larry & Mary Ann Oberbeck, #2072 9-larry
8) Terry & June Rainwater, #2042 MTpockets
9) Berry & Janet Sanders, #1134 Edd and Janet
10) Erica & Tony Dorsey, #1733 TravelTiger
11) Dan & Connie Wimberley, #2014 dwimberley
12) Bob & Pat Curry, #1081 bobcat
13) JD & Glenda, #1870 mmomega
14) Edward & Susan Potts, #2388 ed47
15) Nancy & Dave Seabolt, #2225, nander
16) Larry & Samantha Bandstra, #1226, SouthernNights
17)

meandg
08-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Sounds like a plan.

pegmikef
08-29-2012, 10:09 AM
New location. Good. Hopefully, we'll make this one. We're sorry that we won't make Boerne or Canton because of my Austrian daughter's visit. Have a great time at both rallies. Mike and Peg

jayc
08-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Tom, Stella and I willbe there. The KOA park is very nice and we are looking forward to going there.

TomMar
08-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Gary & Michelle, Peg & Mike and Jay & Stella - you all get an extra scoop of Blue Bell on Friday night, just for being so quick signing up. I have you on the list - travel safe.:rolleyes:

danemayer
08-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Hi Tom,

Dan and Ann will be there. Let us know whether we will make our own reservations or if you'll handle it for the group.

jayc
08-29-2012, 10:33 PM
I'll take home-made vanilla!

jimtoo
08-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Well put Jim and Bette McGee down to arrive on 4th and out on the 7th.

Jim M

jmgratz
08-30-2012, 08:52 AM
FYI - The park is a beautiful park all concrete, right on Hwy 105 just west of Conroe and east of Montgomery (h ome of the Texas flag). The park used to be called Haven's Landing and has great facilities including an indoor pool. There is great shopping and antiquing in Montgomery. We would love to be there but will be working but everyone should have a great time.

TomMar
08-30-2012, 09:21 AM
Dan and Ann we have you on the list. Please call and make your own reservations. The park in Boerne was the only one that required names to go in via the Wagonmaster.

Travel safe:D

Hi Tom,

Dan and Ann will be there. Let us know whether we will make our own reservations or if you'll handle it for the group.

TomMar
08-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Well put Jim and Bette McGee down to arrive on 4th and out on the 7th.

Jim M

Jim (or should I say Blue Aguave Longhair) & Bette - we got ya' on the list. Good times will be had......

Travel safe:)

TomMar
08-30-2012, 09:31 AM
FYI - The park is a beautiful park all concrete, right on Hwy 105 just west of Conroe and east of Montgomery (home of the Texas flag). The park used to be called Haven's Landing and has great facilities including an indoor pool. There is great shopping and antiquing in Montgomery. We would love to be there but will be working but everyone should have a great time.

We wish you and Shiela could be there Jim but we understand. You information/words about the park and surronding area were so eloquent I borrowed them for the description. Thanks

Travel safe and stay healthy.

talley
09-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Jerry and Diane Talley will attend the spring Chapter rally. We contacted the RV park yesterday and have reservations to arrive on Thursday 4th and leave Sunday 7th.... sure hope to qualify for an extra scoop of Blue Bell.

Jerry

plumberdude
10-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Please add Pat and Lori, we will make this one! We will call the park tonight!

Thanks
Pat and Lori

jayc
10-03-2012, 09:53 PM
That's great news Pat! Glad you are going to make it.

steran
10-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Count us in!!! Wouldn't miss this one!

PS - the Montgomery County Fair is going on that weekend at the county fairgrounds about 15 minutes from the KOA. Our son Kyle will have a hog at the fair that weekend. If anyone (especially those with little ones) would like to come out and see the livestock exhibits, or just enjoy the fair in general, we'd be happy to have you :)

TomMar
10-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Count us in!!! Wouldn't miss this one!

PS - the Montgomery County Fair is going on that weekend at the county fairgrounds about 15 minutes from the KOA. Our son Kyle will have a hog at the fair that weekend. If anyone (especially those with little ones) would like to come out and see the livestock exhibits, or just enjoy the fair in general, we'd be happy to have you :)

Great idea on the Montgomery County Fair, Spencer.

I have you and the family on the list, so you need to give the park a call and register with them also.

See y'all there:cool:

TomMar
10-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Please add Pat and Lori, we will make this one! We will call the park tonight!

Thanks
Pat and Lori

Fantastic ! I have you on the list so drive careful ! ! :):cool:

MTPockets
12-10-2012, 07:41 AM
In the process of some summer planning and it looks like we'll be coming right thru there so decided to make this rally a stop. Coming from the Florida rally 3/21-24 and heading West after that.

Terry & June Rainwater HOC-2042

Edd and Janet
12-10-2012, 09:24 AM

TomMar
12-11-2012, 08:44 AM
MTPockets - y'all come on over, we have you on the list. We'll be glad to meet you two and who knows we might even make it over to Floriday some day. Please go ahead and contact the park for your reservations .

Berry and Janet - You are on now the list. We'll see you there.

The list is growing and I have not even stirred the pot yet - F A N T A S T I C ! !

:)

TravelTiger
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Tom,

We are signed up with the park, arriving late Thursday and departing Sunday.

Looking forward to it!

Erika & Tony Dorsey

TomMar
02-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Fantastic ! - we have you down:)

dwimberley
02-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Tom,

TomMar
02-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Tom,

That great news Dan. We have you on the list. It will be good to see old friends.

Please contact Lake Conroe KOA and tell them you are with the Heartland rally.:)

dwimberley
02-09-2013, 08:03 PM
We have our reservations in with KOA for Thursday - Sunday. Can't wait!

TXBobcat
02-09-2013, 08:16 PM
DW and I were going over our itinerary for this spring. Looks like we are going be in your neck of the woods in April and are planning to stop by for a week. I will be calling the campgound tomorrow to make reservation.

We are leaving McKinney TX on Monday to go to Kerrville for the Sweetheart Rally, then to Rockport until April. We plan to stop by the Rally in Montgromery on Monday April 1st.
Look forward to meeting old friends and making new ones. I will be making our reservations tomorrow.

Travel safe and may God Bless

BC

mmomega
02-25-2013, 12:49 AM
Ok, after checking our schedule I think I'm going to throw our names in the hat. I just need to call the park tomorrow and make and confirm reservations.
Probably pulling in late Thursday and copying Erica by leaving Sunday.

TravelTiger
02-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Ok, after checking our schedule I think I'm going to throw our names in the hat. I just need to call the park tomorrow and make and confirm reservations.
Probably pulling in late Thursday and copying Erica by leaving Sunday.

Yay! Will be good to see you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc
02-25-2013, 07:38 AM
JD it will be good to see you and Glenda again.

TomMar
02-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Bob & Pat, JD and Glenda we have you on the list. It will be good to see y'all again, it been awhile.

jwhitney1946
03-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Would it be possible to just come up Sat afternoon to meet people, then participate in the potluck?

John Whitney

Aletha
03-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Not a Heartland owner yet but would love to come to the Rally to visit other owners if that is ok?

danemayer
03-24-2013, 07:54 AM
Not a Heartland owner yet but would love to come to the Rally to visit other owners if that is ok?

Hi Aletha,

I think it's left to the discretion of the Chapter Leader. Hopefully Tom and Marti will see your post shortly and let you know.

nander
03-24-2013, 10:45 AM
We are planning to come to the rally - arrive 4-5 and leave 4-7. I'll call and make a reservation.
We look forward to meeting everyone!

jayc
03-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Nancy and Dave, it was nice meeting you in Santo and we'll be looking forward to seeing you in Montgomery.

TomMar
03-24-2013, 11:43 AM
Nander We have you on the list. If you are headed this way any time soon be careful of the high winds.

Travel safe

TomMar
03-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Aletha - Absolutely you are welcome to our rally. The rally charge is $20 for non Heartland brands but it will be worth it. We Heartlanders are a friendly bunch and when you get your own Heartland rig you can go to all the rallys. Please call the park at the number shown on post #1 and advise them you are coming in for the Heartland rally.

Trave safe, we'll see you there

SouthernNights
03-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Hi Tom and Marti,

I think we will be able to come to the Texas rally. We have heard great things about you guys and are looking forward to meeting you.
Will let you know when we make reservations.

TomMar
03-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Fantastic - I went on and added you to the list. It will be great to meet y'all and compare notes. Florida and the East Coast are on our agenda when we finish that ugly stuff called work.

Travel Safe and we'll see you then.:)

TXBobcat
03-27-2013, 09:12 AM
We will be arriving Friday around 3 or 4 pm. Had to stop in San Marcos to get the Truck checked out, so we decided to stay at this campground until Friday.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Anyone going to be there over the weekend??

BC

TXBobcat
03-30-2013, 10:15 AM
We are here. When are the rest of you getting here???? Hurry up!!!

BC

danemayer
03-30-2013, 03:08 PM
Sorry Bob, we're in Tyler for a few days, then Cleveland. We arrive for the pre-rally on Thursday.

jayc
03-30-2013, 03:26 PM
We're near Dan in Nacogdoches but will be there on Wednesday.

TravelTiger
03-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Late Thursday for us.

TomMar
04-02-2013, 06:46 AM
All;
The schedule of events is now on post #1. The weather should be great and fun should be had by all.
:):p:rolleyes::cool::eek:

jayc
04-04-2013, 05:41 AM
We arrived yesterday and had a little afternoon coffee and cookies get-together at the Mayer's place. It rained later in the afternoon and then got cold, but it's all good because we're with our HL friends and the rally is just starting.

TomMar
04-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Well all I can say about the rally is WOW!!! The pot luck is over, prizes handed out and we had an hour of entertainment. MTpockets put on an impromtu guitar performance that was equal to a professional. He and his DW closed with a duet that was perfect. You folks that were not able to make this rally really missed something. :rolleyes: :)

jassson007
04-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Well all I can say about the rally is WOW!!! The pot luck is over, prizes handed out and we had an hour of entertainment. MTpockets put on an impromtu guitar performance that was equal to a professional. He and his DW closed with a duet that was perfect. You folks that were not able to make this rally really missed something. :rolleyes: :)

I will be ready for the next one since we will be owners finally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

talley
04-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Another fine South Texas Rally with thanks to Tom and Heartland support. As Tom mentioned we were very fortunate to have had MTpockets attending and sharing his talent after a fine potluck. Great job on the vocal and guitar... plus romantic selections for those leaning in that directon ;-) Must thank Ron Hoover for their support, and Diane and I especially thank them for the door prize of the nice lawn chair.

We are staying for another niight to finish off the ice cream!

Be safe

Jerry & Diane

TravelTiger
04-07-2013, 12:40 PM
We thoroughly enjoyed the Rally as well, great to see old friends and meet new ones. We really enjoyed Terry and June (MTPockets) and their musical entertainment!

On the road home, looking forward to the next one.

TomMar
04-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Great to hear about your new BC. Louisiana does not have a free standing chapter so for now the Louisiana bunch typically fall under the South Texas chapter. Obviously you can go to any of them but I will be a direct contact if needed. That being said, we are now planning on setting the Fall Rally either in Beaumont or somewhere in south Louisiana. I'll keep you informed. When you get your VIN number I would suggest you explore joining the Heartland Owners Club.
If you have any questions you can PM me

Again welcome to the Heartland family

:):cool:

jassson007
04-07-2013, 06:45 PM
I sure will Tom thanks! As far as the fall goes, that is football season and unless you would like to come tailgate with us my fall weekends are booked...lol. Even our open date is already booked with my 20 year reunion. You are invited to come tailgate with us though. Lol. I will be in touch once we get our vin. Thanks again!!

TomMar
04-07-2013, 07:59 PM
I understand the Louisiana and Football connection. I lived in Slidell for 4-1/2 years. There are lots of rallies, keep an eye on the forum for Mississippi or even North Texas. Most of us do 2 a year and you will be welcomed at all of them.:rolleyes::cool:

MTPockets
04-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Tom, thanks for a great Rally and for being a great host/leader (We figured out that Marti was the real driving force) and for letting us Floridians join in. Enjoyed entertaining and Thanks to everyone for the kind words and hope to see you again sometime down the road. .... or, maybe at next year's National... It was great getting to know you all. Terry & June

Rob_Fla
04-07-2013, 08:33 PM
I wondered why there was so many Heartland RV's here this weekend, :)

TXBobcat
04-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Well the rally has come to an end. It was a great rally. Learned a number of things, met new friends, had great potluck and even got in a game of Mexican Train.

Tom & Marti, you did a great job. Thanks for the invite.

BC

jimtoo
04-07-2013, 09:19 PM
I wondered why there was so many Heartland RV's here this weekend, :)

All the Heartland RV's AND YOU were NOT CONVERTED to a Heartlander????

Gonna have to talk to Tom...mix them margaritas better...:) or something..:)

nander
04-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the great rally, Tom & Marti! It was so nice to meet & see old and new friends. Thanks again to Terry & June for the wonderful entertainment and everyone for the delicious food.

jfrench
04-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Thank you for the invite. Wish I could have stay for the pot luck.

jayc
04-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Joe it was good to see you at the rally.

TomMar
04-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Boy Rob I sure wish you would have raised your hand while we were there. You don't have to be embarrassed for not owning a Heartland. We we welcome everyone........LOL

Honestly give a shout out the next time you see a bunch of us. Many of our folks have been owners of a wide variety of manufacturers so discussions are always "interesting"

Travel safe:):cool:

TomMar
04-08-2013, 08:43 PM
I do believe we all had a good time. I have to thank all of you for your help in putting it together and the participation after arriving at the site. Someone at the dinner described the dinner as a "potluck because you never know what you are going to get". To me a relaxed rally with a "potluck of people" and it creates an incredible time with friends, old and new.

Thanks to all of you it was fun. We hope to see you (and others) in the fall.

Tom & Marti;):D

Rob_Fla
04-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Boy Rob I sure wish you would have raised your hand while we were there. You don't have to be embarrassed for not owning a Heartland. We we welcome everyone........LOL

Honestly give a shout out the next time you see a bunch of us. Many of our folks have been owners of a wide variety of manufacturers so discussions are always "interesting"

Travel safe:):cool:

Thanks, I keep up with the Heartland Forum, lots of great people and info here.
Maybe next 5er will be a Heartland :)

Robert

pegmikef
04-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Tom and Marti, I think we may have forgotten to thank you and tell you that we had a great time meeting new friends and renewing old friendships. It was a great rally and an excellent location. Thank you for all the work and coordination I know you and Marti had to do for such a successful rally. Mike and Peg Finnegan