Route Suggestions for Trip

MJordan

"PA n MA s"
Hello:
I am planning to spend a week in Chesapeake Bay, VA.
I will be departing from Wilmington Ohio (around the 45 mile marker on I-71).

What is the best route to take?
Suggestions?

Sincerely
Michael Jordan

jpmorgan37

Michael;

That's a tough question to answer since you didn;t give us any information. I like to travel secondary roads, rather than interstates. There are several programs available to help in route selection and most give the option of fastest route or shortest route or you can do a custom route. Map Quest, Good Sam's, Flying J, are three. I personally use two, Microsoft Streets and Trips and Magellan. There are others and if you let us know how many miles or hours you plan to travel each day and the roads that you prefer to travel, you will probably get lots of answers.

John

MJordan

"PA n MA s"
I have used GoogleMpas, Rand McNally, YahooMaps, and MapQuest.
Three of them gave me different routes.
I prefer highway driving.
The distance seems to be around 550 miles for this trip.
We're OK with this distance in one day or driving 10 -12 hours max.
I prefer highway driving so I don't need to worry about overpasses being too low.
I’ll try some of your suggestions John.
Sincerely
Michael

jpmorgan37

Michael;

Here is a link that I posted some time ago. If you decide to get off the main roads, it will help you keep the roof on your trailer. http://www.aitaonline.com/Low%20Clearances.html

Also, if you want to bypass the chaos of Baltimore and Washington, DC, take US 301 from Delaware and it is a whole lot more enjoyable. Other than a little construction at one of the bridges, the road was good. I just did the trip down to Gloucester in June.

John