ATF: MPG - Fridge Error Code

mtran868

I have a Norcold fridge in my 2011 MPG. This morning i heard a clicking noise on the outside near the fridge vent holes. I'm assuming the fridge is trying to turn itself on in Gas mode?

It's been on in AC mode for 12 hrs so not sure what's going on. I turned it off, turned on the stove burner for 1 min. to get gas thru, and turned the fridge to Auto mode.

The display had the letter "A" on it. Not sure what that means. I also saw a "C" error code.

Any ideas as to what's going on? I think it's working on AC now after I turned it off and on again but will check when I get home later.

danemayer

Hi mtran868,

The Norcold model # would help get a useful response.

Have you take a look at the manual that came with the fridge to see if it sheds any light?

RollingHome

I looked on this site and it said A = no AC voltage & C = low DC voltage - bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncoldnnewnseries.pdf

traveler44

I wonder if you might have had what we call a brown out or some other quick interruption of the electric service and now it is trying to go back into the electric mode. I have the dometic but wondered if it might work basically the same. If it does, when you get an error code you have to reset it by shutting it off and then restarting. Basically push the button until the readout goes off and wait a few minutes and then push the button again to turn it back on. I had an error code on mine and looked at the manual to try to figure out what it meant and saw how to reset it. I haven't had any more problems with it.