1st Time Winterizing 2008 Cyclone...need a little help

MrsMcCrea

Hi all! Thanks in advance for taking time to help me out. We bought a used 2008 Cyclone 4012 this last spring, and we need to winterize for the super cold Alaskan interior winter. :p

I am having trouble locating and accessing the water pump. I am beginning to to think it's downstairs...does that mean I need to take down the underbelly to get to it?

I know where the hot water heater is, but where the heck is the bypass plumbing??

Can someone help me identify the two tubes with valves on them and the faucet dealy in the middle? I am thinking these could possibly be a bypass and access to inject antifreeze into the plumbing system, beings the water pump switch is directly below it.

Thanks again! Have a beautiful Labor Day Weekend!

2008cycloneudc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

odens_14

I too just purchased a 2008 4012 and can help a little.

The water heater bypass is below the counter next to the sink in the kitchen. It's behind a thin wood panel that you will need to remove.

The anti-freeze hose and fresh water pump are in the basement, on mine they are right behind an acess hole with a screw on cap.

as to your picture the faucet behind that door is for an outside shower, there should be a coiled hose with a quick connect that snaps into the middle there.

You are correct about the holding tank flush.

the guy I bought mine from didn't know what the valves were for either, and I'm still not sure. I've figured out with the correct orientation you can use the pump to dump your fresh water, maybe that's the purpose? hopefully someone will be able to fill us in there.

MrsMcCrea

Thanks, Oden! The only underside cap that I haven't looked in is actually mounted on the wall of the pass-through storage area, so I will look there too.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Do you have the owners manual? It should have a diagram of the valves. Ours (Landmark) has a series of 4 valves and it depends on the position of each of the valves as to what happens. Call Heartland Customer service they should be able to tell you what they are for and have you VIN ready.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
The diagram for the connections is on the inside of the driver side basement door on my '11 3850. Took me a while to notice it but it's quite handy there!

ILH

The diagram is also on the basement door of my rig. Not a great place considering the kink in your neck when trying to read it!

Cyclone Traveler

Left valve is the water shutoff to the couch, pictured in the open position, and the right valve is for the bypass drain... From our experience the convenience center will freeze around 6 degrees without insulating the lines, we also added heaters to the fresh water tank and feed line to the pump.

There are also 2 valves on the feed side of the pump behind the convenience center, the wall section is removed by several screws top and bottom, I leave the screws out so it will slide for easy access. These valves close the fresh water tank feed and open the coiled hose for pumping winterized ion fluids into the system. One recommendation, put a check valve on the inlet side of the hot water heater or outlet from the pump, without these units hot water tanks are notorious for building back pressure and back spinning/destroying the water pump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MrsMcCrea

Thanks to everyone for all of your help! I didn't see a diagram, but I didn't know to look for it either...now I'll have to go find it! I was able to get to the water pump and get the antifreeze in my lines, and drain and bypass the water heater. Now to teach my husband... :rolleyes: