Slide Rug Got Wet from Tropical Storm

Sandpirate69

The slide rug got wet over the weekend from storm Issac. It was a 4 ft section but I wet/dry vacuumed it. It's dry now, but if you put your nose to it it has a strange smell to it. Any suggestions on how to get this smell/odor out of the rug. I know, your are wondering why I put my nose to it, well I have a keen sense of smell and an upset wife. I'm taking the family to Disney first thing Friday morning. Any help from the knowledgeable folks here would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Ivan

Westwind

Try using Fabrezze, it's found in grocery stores the stuff really really works, my father who has passed away left fish in his car in summer sun, needless to say I thought the care was a goner, but that stuff got a strong dead fish smell out of the car.

bighorn3370

Ivan, I would try to get a carpet cleaner and clean it. Otherwise, you may try to spray some Febreze. Ernie

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Odor Ban seems to work pretty good. We've bought it at Sam's Club. Might just be a better idea to get it professionally cleaned by one of them truck mounted guys like Stanley or a local guy. Most only charge around $50 for an RV.