a couple of odds and ends

divedreamer

You all have been great on my questions. Thank you all. I have a couple random questions that I hope you might share your thoughts on.

Heatpumps. I have heard a ton of stuff from 'I never use the heater only the heat pump' to you can't use the heatpump if it's below 40 degrees? what is the real world truth? I work in the northern tier of states so I know snow :).

I love the 6 Point Auto Leveling System, but..... the washer shakes it and the wind shakes it. I don't know what it looks like when I do my Insanity workout. I am looking at the electric stabilizer unit for the rear end, but I thought this 6 Point was supposed to be like a rock. Any other suggestions?

Still working with the ice maker water problem, but hope to have that fixed before I shut it down for the winter. Satelite back feed too. Thanks again and stay safe.
Brad

danemayer

I love the 6 Point Auto Leveling System, but..... the washer shakes it and the wind shakes it. I don't know what it looks like when I do my Insanity workout. I am looking at the electric stabilizer unit for the rear end, but I thought this 6 Point was supposed to be like a rock. Any other suggestions?
We have the 4 point Auto Leveling System with 2 electric stabilizers at the back. It's pretty stable but the spin cycle on the washer will shake it. I've found that the further the front landing jacks are extended, the more it'll shake. If I put a set of plastic leveling blocks down before I extend the front jacks, they don't extend as far and the washer is less noticeable.

Mainerunr

You all have been great on my questions. Thank you all. I have a couple random questions that I hope you might share your thoughts on.

Heatpumps. I have heard a ton of stuff from 'I never use the heater only the heat pump' to you can't use the heatpump if it's below 40 degrees? what is the real world truth? I work in the northern tier of states so I know snow :).

Still working with the ice maker water problem, but hope to have that fixed before I shut it down for the winter. Satelite back feed too. Thanks again and stay safe.
Brad

I would think the owners manual for the heat pump should have information about operating conditions. I know that commercial heat pumps for buildings tend to lose capacity as it gets colder. A few companies have models now that operate at full capacity down to -5F but again, those are for buildings and are premium models. An RV system should work the same way but there are so many different types of systems and each has different operating parameters.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Similar to Dan's experience, I have the four electric Ground Control jacks, along with the OEM rear stabilizers. The washer in the nose of the rig can wag the tail of the dog a bit during the spin cycle. I think it's going to transmit a vibration to the frame, no matter what. If the wind is rocking your rig, you might want to adjust your jacks to make sure they're all firmly set, side to side and diagonally. One corner slightly short-jacked and you'll get rocking.

FlyerChief

I don't have heatpumps in our BH, but had them in a previous SOB RV. In that case, they were effective down to about 40 degrees. Below that, they kept blowing, but really didn't generate much warm air. At the 40 degree point, we would change to gas furnace.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Don't know about heat pump, as we don't have them.

As for the six-point leveling, we do have that AND the electric rear stabilizers. I've said this before...note, it is a six-point LEVELING system...NOT a stabilizing system. You will get some movement...this is why we added Steadyfast stabilizers....now, I hardly know when the washer goes into spin cycle. Is it completely motionless? NO...to do that you have to put it up on blocks...remember, you've got all the weight on six, spindly legs that are inside tubes...there is going to be some movement, but it can be greatly reduced!!