New Big Country 3251 floor plan

GOTTOYS

Looking through the Big Country floor plans last night to see what is new and I came across a floorplan called a 3251. It did not have the "New" label on it as all the others do, but I never saw it before. Looks like it addresses all the shortcomings of the Big Country 3250. It has a sofa across the rear, kitchen island, bigger shower and a little more space in the bedroom. Going to be an interesting year for some new Heartland models!..Don

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Def a nice floor plan.......any of these been built yet? We want PICTURES!!! :cool:

Bob Vaughn

2 things I immediately noticed on the floor plan was the island in the kitchen is movable, now what keeps it in place when going down the road? Also in the upper bedroom closet in the corner on the slide out side what is that in the corner, is it a cabinet with drawers? or is it a safe? Also if a queen size bed is ordered is the slide out still king size so there is room next to the mattress? I like t he new bathroom....

Netem

Thats quite a retail price for a Big Country.I wonder if its really 32 ft long. I have always considered the 3250 my next step up. The only thing I didn't like was the 2 doors in the bathroom would rather have the wall space.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
In checking the Heartland website, the Big Country 3251RL is 37'11". Apparently LaMesa RV made a small mistake on their site.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Thats quite a retail price for a Big Country.I wonder if its really 32 ft long. I have always considered the 3250 my next step up. The only thing I didn't like was the 2 doors in the bathroom would rather have the wall space.

Hmmmmm, I might just have a loaded 3250 for sale next fall. :cool:

Milton_and_PeggySue

The island have two straps for traveling, I took the wheels off and put 1 and a 1/2 blocks and slide pads for easy moving. In the bedroom that is a cabinet with drawers. We have the king size bed and you have plenty of room to walk around, no need to go with a queen size. We have the 3251 TS and the bathroom is fantastic, On the sticker said 38 feet long but that is the inside, outside is 39.2 feet long. The other issue is the weight, on the adds said 10,989 Lbs dry weight and the actual weight was 12,137 lbs but the GVWR still 14,000 Lbs.

Theresau

We have the same and just love it. Don't really mind strapping it in - do it right after slides are in.

Thanks for the info regarding the length. Our dry weight from the factory was close to yours but that included quite a few options. However, we had it weighed at the Goshen rally - it's 14,300 now - thank goodness we had the axles upgraded to 7000. It's loaded with all our stuff but nothing real noteable (like a generator...). The pin weight came in at 2,800.

Theresa

The island have two straps for traveling, I took the wheels off and put 1 and a 1/2 blocks and slide pads for easy moving. In the bedroom that is a cabinet with drawers. We have the king size bed and you have plenty of room to walk around, no need to go with a queen size. We have the 3251 TS and the bathroom is fantastic, On the sticker said 38 feet long but that is the inside, outside is 39.2 feet long. The other issue is the weight, on the adds said 10,989 Lbs dry weight and the actual weight was 12,137 lbs but the GVWR still 14,000 Lbs.

bwc1950

Theresa,
Any chance you would post a couple of pictures of the island tied down for travel. I'm especially interested in the location of the floor hooks and if they are hidden or not. Thank you in advance. Oh, and another picture I would love to see is the electrical panel opened and closed. I'm interested in how many breakers and circuits are in the 3251. Thanks again. Bruce

Theresau

There are actually 4 straps one from each corner on the island to the slide floor.

How soon do you need? We don't have strapped down when it's at home - only when we are traveling. It is in position to be strapped. If you get the max vinyl, there are two hooks iin each slide and 2 hooks on each top side of the island. Because they are in carpet, they are "pretty" much hidden. The hooks on the island are under the counter at the top - again not visible when standing but a bit visible if looking while sitting but barely....

We took all the other hooks out - recliners and dinette chairs. We never tied these down in the BH and we're not in the BC (and we've traveled as far as FL with the BH). We've gone on some bumpy roads with the BC and so far no issues regarding either sets of these not being tied down.

Actually it's towing very well - I have a runner and placemat on the dinette table and neither is coming off while we travel. I also leave out a toaster, electric tea pot and coffeemaker - they haven't moved at all.

Theresa,
Any chance you would post a couple of pictures of the island tied down for travel. I'm especially interested in the location of the floor hooks and if they are hidden or not. Thank you in advance. Oh, and another picture I would love to see is the electrical panel opened and closed. I'm interested in how many breakers and circuits are in the 3251. Thanks again. Bruce

bwc1950

Thanks Theresa....your description was plenty vivid...I was afraid that they would put the tie downs in the vinyl floor. Hidden in the carpet is great.....not in a hurry for pictures, there just isn't a dealer with a 3251 near me. Thank you again.

Theresau

There are "internet" dealers that will deliver to CA I think. Great Lakes RV in Elkhart, IN does quite a bit of business.

The dealer we worked with here in MI sells nationally - internet sellers (Lakeshore RV). We got a great price (when we ordered) but their inspection left much to be desired. However, salesman was a very hard worker and was always responsive and worked at getting a good price for us. Their price is so good that people drive there from other states to pick up their coaches - someone from Texas had just picked their's up the day we picked up ours. They do have a spot where you can stay for a couple of days and get warranty work done.

They don't charge for prep and they shouldn't...........

We finalized order on 3/15 and coach went off the line on 4/22.

Theresa

bwc1950

Thank you for taking those pictures and taking the time to post them. The only way those hooks could be less conspicuous would be for them not to be there at all. Very unobtrusive. And thank you for the RV dealer recommendations. Seems like a very smart thing to do would be to pick up the rig in Elkhart after staying in it a couple of nights to "check it out." I'm pretty sure that we are going to order the 3251 as soon as our motorhome is sold. So, anything you have to say, good or bad, will be well received at my house. Thank you again.

bwc1950

Theresa,
I don't think my photo worked in the PM. Do you know what the interior color name is for this interior (sofa and counter tops)?
BC 3251TS.jpg

Theresau

I believe that the sofa and chairs are from the Bronze decor as Bronze is the sofa has the leather back as well (We have Bronze furniture but I had brown piping deleted from the sofa as the rest of our decor is Renaissance). This is the one decor that is shared with the BH. The BC counter tops are all the same no matter the decor and per our visit to the HL design center during the rally, they are the same as the Landmark's for 2014 (Bordeaux cabinetry as well). Hope this helps.

Theresau

For anyone else who reads this, I recalled the Landmark countertop incorrectly - more I think about it it is the BH that is the same for 2014. At least that's the way it was lined up in the design center.

I believe that the sofa and chairs are from the Bronze decor as Bronze is the sofa has the leather back as well (We have Bronze furniture but I had brown piping deleted from the sofa as the rest of our decor is Renaissance). This is the one decor that is shared with the BH. The BC counter tops are all the same no matter the decor and per our visit to the HL design center during the rally, they are the same as the Landmark's for 2014 (Bordeaux cabinetry as well). Hope this helps.