Greystone Paint color

usnthedog

Has anyone found a match for the pale gray siding on a Greystone? The paint on the doors for the water heater and the refrigerator out side turned to chalk and ran down the side of the trailer. I cleaned them up and repainted but the paints I found are a lot darker and more blue. Brand and number would be great. Thanks, Jeff

CliffP

Hi Jeff,
If you have someone in your area who has the Dupont Colornet system with either the Acquire Rx or Chromavision camera they can take a "picture" of the color and match it. The system uses three averages and works great. Most Auto Parts stores that have that technology can even make up an aerosol filled with the custom color. Our store sells single stage rattle cans for $15.99 or basecoat clearcoat cans for $21.99. If you camp in Wisconsin some time I'd be happy to whip some up for you!

usnthedog

We just got back from a trip to your neighbor across the lake; way up to St Ignace and Whitefish Bay. Very beautiful and cool. Back to Kansas and hotter in the morning than daytime temps there. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look around for an auto store with the technology.

Jeff

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Has anyone found a match for the pale gray siding on a Greystone? Jeff

Hello Jeff!

Not sure what color you need or how close it is to our Big Country "Platinum" gray but I found a can of Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Pewter Gray that is an excellent match.

usnthedog

I looked at Walmart.com and this looks to be too dark. I'm after the lightest gray, almost white on the trailer. Are we talking the same area?

Jeff

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I looked at Walmart.com and this looks to be too dark. I'm after the lightest gray, almost white on the trailer. Are we talking the same area? Jeff

Again...I am not sure what color the Graystone is exactly but it is a great match for the very light gray (which Heartland calls Platinum) on our Big Country. I think the can was only $4.00 or so...buy one and try it on something else and see if it dries different than what the cap shows.

usnthedog

Paint for doors

I posted a thread for the paint color to match the light gray in the Greystone so I could paint my chalking furnace and heater doors. The moderator moved it and now I can't find it so....... I'll post again and maybe he'll move this one there also:). Had some one suggest Krylon Pewter Gray, thanks. I had to order and while waiting I found ACE Hardware Light Gray.. Painted a sample of each and DW thought the ACE matched better. So if you're looking for paint I think you'd like either one. Though while looking a trailers at our State Fair I noticed the door are now black. Go figure.

Thanks to all,

Jeff

OK moderator, do your thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hey Jeff,

If you click on your name, then view post, you can look at all your old post and find it like that very easy. I just merged both threads.

Jim M