Rear bumper hitch?

sspate

Has any one installed a hitch on the rear bumper of their fifth wheel? We have a 3250 TS and my husband is trying to figure out if there are wires for brakes and turn signals in the back of the camper that can be accessed.
Thanks!
Sam and Sherry

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you drop the underbelly material at the back you should be able to find the wires.
Just follow the wires from the rear lights.
I've done it a couple of times.

Peace
Dave

caissiel

I installed a hitch for the bikes on the rear bumper of our BC 3 years ago.

Attachments

• Hitch%20Detail%20View.jpg
    Hitch%20Detail%20View.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 370
  • Bikes%20on%20Rack.jpg
    Bikes%20on%20Rack.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 356

Bob Vaughn

Has any one installed a hitch on the rear bumper of their fifth wheel? We have a 3250 TS and my husband is trying to figure out if there are wires for brakes and turn signals in the back of the camper that can be accessed.
Thanks!
Sam and Sherry
What year 3250TS do you have? Our 2011 did not come with a bumper. I wish that it had. I have looked at some aftermarket receivers but so far not found one that I am comfortable with.....

JonV

What year 3250TS do you have? Our 2011 did not come with a bumper. I wish that it had. I have looked at some aftermarket receivers but so far not found one that I am comfortable with.....
Her post said it was a 2008 Bob. Ours has the appearance of a bumper... Let's call it a "faux bumper" :rolleyes: We had a hitch receiver made up by our dealer, Morry's Trailer Sales, that seems to be VERY strong. They did a good job with it. See if you can find a fab shop or a good welder in your area. It would probably be better built (and cheaper) than most off the shelf aftermarket receivers. If you sent me a private msg with your email address I can take some photos and send them to you.

Last edited:

Bob Vaughn

I found an adjustable hitch from Buyers Hitch.....now I am working to get this 100 lb piece of steel up to my frame, while laying on my back, not such a big deal for a young man but an old man like me needs to call in Mega Movers.

Bob Vaughn

I had my son's friend come over and help me lift it into place. I have it held in place with clamps and a bottle jack. Tomorrow I will position it and start drilling the holes to bolt it to the frame....I went to Harbor Freight and got a 12" hitch extension so it will extend beyond the license plate......

sjs731

This is what I made and put on my Sundance. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349486312.738390.jpg

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjs731

Steve,

That's a nice piece of work you've done there with the hitch.

Jim,
I work for a metal fabricator and I saw other pictures on the forum of a similar hitch so I drew it up an had one of our welder a assemble it and shipped it over to our paint shop. The only part I bought was the 2" receiver extension from Camping World.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Vaughn

I finally got my Buyers hitch installed under my Big Country.....I tore the skin off my knee and it is slow healing....
Also note my air hose going to my spare tire...
IMG_6968.jpg

Last edited: