just purchased 2013 3010HD

Fleming

We took delivery of our new 2013 Cyclone 3010HD in June and like it a lot. There are a few problems that I found that hopefully the factory would consider changing.
  1. The electrical panel at night is very dark even with interior lights on. It needs some type of LED lights to light up the switches or back light the switches so you know what your turning on.
  2. There is no place to store the sewer hose. Most of the campers that we looked at did have a place to put the hose instead of storing it inside the tranverse compartment. Even if there was an option to add, I gladly would have ordered it.
  3. The floor heater vent is right in front of the shower door and it is plastic. Already ours is cracked and is very easy to cut your foot if you didn't know it was cracked.
  4. There was no ladder supplied with our new camper to acess the rear bed in the toy storage area, REALLY! I paid $56,000.00 you would think that a ladder would come with it. I paid $66.00 at Camp World for one.
  5. There is no labeling in the access compartment telling you which pull handle is for grey tank or black tank, both handles are about two inches apart, I had to guess!
  6. The literature told what the gross weight was but when it came in it was rated at 15,000 pds I believe it was 500 pds heavier causing us to upgrade the hitch to 18,000 pds. This was a sliding hitch and the shop foreman told the boss he could not install it due to a liability issue, the dealer split the differents of $300.00. Aparentlly the dealership was not updated on the new weights for 2013 models.
  7. A ceiling fan option sure would be a nice option.
  8. I would highly recommend if anyone is considering purchaseing a new Cyclone or Road Warrior, to PUT THE SECOND AC unit IN!!! We added it a month later for $1,000.00 and what a big difference it made. By the way we live in NC and its been very hot this summer!

Please don't think that we do not like our new camper, it's perfect for us, for what we haul; full dresser Harley, golf cart and and plans for a Polaris side by side just not all at once, we really like it alot. If I had time I sure would have liked to visit the factory while it was on line. I'm sure I would have made changes while it was under construction. We did add a few options when we ordered it but it sure would have been nice if I had read some reports before ordering it, my fault!
Doug Fleming
PS. We are pulling this with a 2011 GMC 2500HD Denali 6 ft bed 4X4 diesel and it is fully stocked. We are getting 10.5 MPG while pulling and it pulls fantasic! We are using the 18,000 pd PULL RITE hitch.

BarneyFife

1. Our panel is the same way. After awhile, you'll memorize by feel where the ceiling light switch is.
2. We just throw it in a sunken area of the pass-through compartment. Make sure you wash it out after each use. :p
3. Those are some really cheap heater vents. We've had several crack.
4. No ladder here as well but for us, it would just get in the way more than anything.
5. Our tanks are labeled. Only thing is, they're labeled wrong. Duh.:confused:
6. Always get the bigger hitch anyway. You're only as strong as your weakest link.
7. We have three floor fans from Northern Tools for keeping the air moving and trackside at the races. Ceiling fan would have been nice.
8. Second AC should almost be standard for anything sold in the south.

Happy camping!

jtbarb

We are considering a 300c and already have a 16k hitch not sure if we should upgrade to a larger one . we would appreciate any input. Thanks

BarneyFife

The GVWR for the 300C is 16,000 lbs. so technically, you should be fine. Just don't overload it for safety's sake. :)

VAbow

I too just purchased the 3010. Just got it home last night. Been cleaning it all day. Cant wait to go camping. Was a 4 hour drive from the dealer and it tows great. I too have the 18K pullrite and 2007.5 Duramax 2500HD. Read this post and made sure it had the 2nd A/C. Thanks