104 Gallon Dual Tank Fresh Water System

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hello,
Can someone explain the 104 Gallon Dual Tank Fresh Water System to me? Is this (1) tank for the kitchen and (1) tank for the shower and bath? Probably not because that would suggest that there would be (2) pumps. So are the tanks in series, one above the other, the higher one would drain into the lower one and the lower one would be connected to the pump?

Also, what does 5.7 Shurflo Extreme Water Pump really mean to us? Compared to what was previously used in the coaches.

How many feet of cord comes on the Electric Power Cord Reel?

Thank you,

Mark

ct0218

Should be just one tank, plus you add the amount of water in the water heater. The 5.7 is a high-flow pump, less cycling and more constant pressure. It works better than any pump I've ever owned. My 50A power cord attaches outside, so I don't know about the electric reel.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
This response is purely a logical guess. I would think the dual tanks would be smaller and therfore less likely to cause sagging issues that some of us have had. Also better weight distribution. They are probably mounted in series and therfore only one pump would be needed. The 5.7 pump is supposed to be the best pump available with smooth flow and good volume/pressure. If I used our fresh water tanks more I would buy one of them. What trailer are these tanks/pump on?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey Ray,
These tanks and pump are on the new Landmarks. I have been very interested in the new Augusta therefore have been doing alot of homework. Since I currently own a 2006 Bighorn I have been making a list of differences/upgrades the Landmark would provide should we decide to upgrade. The dual tank seems to be a new feature/design so I thought I would ask the Factory about it. I like what you said about better weight distribution and fix that pesky sagging issue that seem to keep creeping up here and there.

Later,

Mark

ct0218

I would be interested in knowing how they plumbed two tanks for filling and pumping! Like you said, it should help the sagging.

Scott

Here is what I found out:
It is indeed (2) tanks with one higher than the other as he describes above.
The water pump has a higher gpm rating and doesn't make as much noise and has less vibration.
The cord reel is located at the very back and has 25' of usable cord length.
FYI
ST