Cleaning the Tri-Fold Shower Door

crmfghtr

Ok I give up, how do you seperate the tri-fold shower door on the Mega-Bath so you can clean between the overlapping glass? Does it somehow lift out? I don't want to break the seperate panes, but I need to clean the water spots. Any help on this.

Thanks,

stevebotts

I will be happy to hear some replies on this one. We have the same issue. We use a squeegee on the doors and wipe them down but getting between the glass is an issue. I tried one of those sponge wedges on a stick used for painting and got some of the residue off but not all. I will keep checking to see if anyone has a solution.

crmfghtr

I'm thinking of removing the rail on the top, cleaning the glass and putting it back together. I wonder if one of the dusters that have a bent arm will reach inside with a paper towel or something.

tjspencer

Wisconsin Chapter Leader
I would just use something small and thin to reach it between. I had to take the doors off to replace a broken pane of the glass and it is very heavy and they are on rollers at the top which have to slide in from the end. It can be done but two people should do it because of the weight and bulky doors when they are all together on the top rail. It may not be worth the hassle or the risk of breaking the door glass.

crmfghtr

I talked to a customer service rep. who works for SEA the company who made the tri-slide shower door. They recommeded not removing the panes unless they are broken. They advised to use "Scrubbing Bubbles" to clean the shower and door glass. They said, to spray the cleaner in between the glass and allow the cleaner to work. I'm going to give that a try.