Double J Campground

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We just got back from staying at the Double J Campground & RV Park in Chatham , Illinois about a 15 minute drive south from Springfield , Illinois. We just wanted to let everyone know that it was very nice and highly recommend if traveling in that area. I think all the owners and workers checked out our rig and asked questions about how we liked it. The reason mainly was that they sell RV's there also and are switching to HeartLand Trailers as there present inventory is depleted. They had a Cyclone and six Sundances in stock already and Some Bighorns on order. It was the first Sundances we got to go thru and was impressed with some of the floor plans and quality. Check out www.doublejcampground.com and Happy travels.......Ken

jbeletti

Very cool. I have camped there. Nice place. That will be neat to see Heartland units next time I travel there. The company I work for just took over management of a system in Springfield so I may actually get down there once a month. Sounds like some Friday inventory audits to me! Take the trailer and make a weekend of it. I need a couple more trips to get through the Lincoln Museum and Lincoln Library.

Jim

roazo

Sundance Owner
We stayed there to

We also stayed there last fall in our old Terry three weeks before we got our new Sundance. We also found it to very clean and freindly place to stay.The only thing we didnt like was the Wifi was not free at that time. We still would recommend it as a very nice place to stay. They had quite a few new trailers for sale, glad there are going to start selling our brand.

katkens

roazo said:
We also stayed there last fall in our old Terry three weeks before we got our new Sundance. We also found it to very clean and freindly place to stay.The only thing we didnt like was the Wifi was not free at that time. We still would recommend it as a very nice place to stay. They had quite a few new trailers for sale, glad there are going to start selling our brand.
They told us the WiFi was free but we don't have a puter in the RV. They had your model there and it was the one we liked, the floor plan was really niceeeee. -----Ken

P.S Jim, we will be going back the end of October, maybe see ya there.

jbeletti

Can't make it in October Ken. Trying to get to the two regional rallies them some other stuff. Have fun and maybe meet up with you there in '08?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Looks like a nice place! How was the road noise from I55? It would be a convenient place for us to stop on the way south this year.

katkens

Ray LeTourneau said:
Looks like a nice place! How was the road noise from I55? It would be a convenient place for us to stop on the way south this year.
We were in row M-L which was a water & electric site because the full hook ups where all gone because of the State Fair and the noise was very mild. When inside we couldn't hear the road noise at all it was a pleasant stay. The rows N&P are full hook up sites and in the rows A-F looked like mostly full hook ups but did not check them all out. The row M-L they put longer RVs by themselves or two very short rigs. In rows K-J they had new rigs parked.----Ken

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ken, thanks for the response. Double J is in the plan. Leaving there by 9AM will get us through the St. Louis area early enough to miss a majority of traffic.