Options for 2013 Heartland Silverado by Bighorn

DuaneG

Soon to be owner of a 2013 Heartland Silverado by Bighorn model 33RK. My wife just loves the rear kitchen and I could at least tow it with my current truck.

I just put a deposit down on the unit and it listed the options below. I asked the sales person and he did not even know what they all were. Where could I locate this information.

The model we wanted did not have as good of r-value rating as more expensive models, so is the winterization of unit the same as yearly winter maintenance or a special package that insulates all pipes and under carriage areas.

• SILVERADO SUPREME TRAVEL PACK
  • SILVERADO ULTIMATE CAMP PACK
  • RVIA SEAL
  • WINTERIZATION OF UNIT
  • SPEAKERS, INFLATABLE MATT
  • ABS HITCH COVER

danemayer

Hi DuaneG,

Congratulations on placing your order and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

"Winterization of Unit" is prepping the unit in case it's exposed to freezing weather before you take delivery. It might leave the factory on a warm day, but then could sit on a dealer lot through the winter.

If you're planning on cold weather camping, I'd suggest calling Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 to see if they can install the Yeti Package which includes tank heaters and heat tape on some water lines as well as some extra insulation at front and rear. Although I don't see it listed for the Silverado, perhaps they can still do it for you. You'll also want a fireplace option and dual pane windows. If you just placed the order, you probably have a few days to add these things to the order.
The "RVIA Seal" isn't really an option. I believe it's just the seal that shows the trailer complies with RVIA standards.

"ABS Hitch Cover" dresses up the pinbox and may improve aerodynamics slightly.

I'm not sure about "Speakers, Inflatable Matt" but it sounds like it might be external speakers and perhaps an upgrade to the air mattress.

The "Travel Pack" and "Camp Pack" may actually be a way that Heartland describes a collection of standard features in this model.

Silverado Supreme Travel Package<input class="transparentField" name="CAG540TX0" readOnly="" value="" size="1" type="Hidden">
88 Degree Turning Radius Front Cap, Dexter Axles w/EZ Flex Suspension and NevR Adjust Brakes, Aluminum 16" Rims, Universal Docking Center, Rear Ladder, Clean Titan External Storage Area, Twin #30 LP Bottles, Black Tank Flush, Large Entry Assist Grab Handle, Porch Light, External Awning Light Outlet, Basement Cable/TV Jack w/Outlet, Black Rimmed 80% Tinted Safety Glass Windows, Upgraded Exterior Graphics, Spare Tire and Carrier, Power Rear Jacks, Extended Hitch Pin, Oversize Full Return Slam Style Compartment Doors, Electric Awning

<tbody>
</tbody>
<input name="currentValue5" value="0.00" type="HIDDEN"><input name="Discount5" value="0" type="HIDDEN"><input name="CAT5" value="CAG540" type="HIDDEN">
Silverado Ultimate Camping Package
<input name="CAG541QF" value="1" type="hidden">
Glazed Chestnut Cabinets, Stackable Washer/Dryer Prep, Prep for 2nd A/C, Ceiling Fan, Full Extension Roller Bearing Drawer Glides, Microwave Oven, Night Shades, Oversize Cabinets, Porcelain Toilet w/Foot Flush, Free Standing Dinette w/4 Chairs (Booth Std. in 36TB & 37QB), Sleeper Sofa w/Air Mattress, Large/Deep Pantries, Glass Shower Surround, Oversize Front Walk In Closet, Front Shoe Storage, 12V Recessed Lighting, 15,000 BTU A/C (Ducted), Pillowtop Mattress, Euro Style Hidden Cabinet Hinges, 22" Oven, Residential "Beauflooring", 32" Livingroom LCD TV (40" LCD TVin 35RE), AM/FM/CD/DVD Player w/Through Sound Livingroom Speakers and Exterior Speakers

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
<!-- End Dropdown -->
<!-- Begin Dropdown -->
</tbody>

jbeletti

Congrats DuaneG!

Where are you at in CA? We have 3 active chapters of the Heartland Owners Club in CA. Fun fun!

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

porthole

Retired
"Winterization of Unit" is prepping the unit in case it's exposed to freezing weather before you take delivery. It might leave the factory on a warm day, but then could sit on a dealer lot through the winter.
And I still wonder why "we" have to pay for that.

I orderd in the end of May, it was built in the middle of July and picked up at the end of July. Our trailer never saw temps less then 70 until it had several thousand miles under it.

Last edited:

DuaneG

Thank you all for your quick responses.

We live near Modesto Ca right now and plan on traveling for awhile before settling down closer to the ocean. Not really worried about the cold because it rarely gets below freezing around here and plan on staying in slightly warmer areas while traveling.

As for the Heartland Owners Clubs. I looked at the info tab and read that you can get some discounts, but was not really sure what else it would be good for.

We did not pick the top of the line because we wanted to try full timing for awhile to see if we will really love it or not. I only have a Chevy 2500HD Turbo Diesel right now and was not sure if I wanted to invest in a bigger truck right now without really knowing how this will all work out. We can always trade up to a Landmark later and get a new truck at the same time. I noticed a few members have done just that, so when they buy their final one they know exactly what will meet their needs. We have never owned any trailer and the 36' unit we bought looks as long a football field to me. So those 40'+ units are out of the question right now.

I think this is going to be a great place for us to ask newbie questions because everyone seems very nice and there is a lot of experience on this forum that can prove beneficial.