This is why we bought a Heartland!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Heartland has got to be one of the most responsive companies I have ever dealth with along with Lippert Components!!:D

Sitting here in Massachusetts with nothing much to do, crawled under our new 3600RL Bighorn, just to check things out and discovered a real problem! A 4" piece of the leaf spring (the second longest section) on the right front passenger side had broken off. This left the longest spring (the one attached to the front hanger) bending from the lack of support...

Called Heartland and Lippert to find out what do to and get some assistance ASAP. After dealing with Monaco and our HR POS, thought it might take awhile to get a response...WRONG!! Both companies called me back in less than an hour! Heartland worked to find a location that could get us in right away, and Lippert once they received an address has already overnited the necessary parts...now that's what I call customer service!!!

Even though we are not using the location Heartland located (they were 130 miles from where we are and we didn't want to tow that far) they still called to make sure that everything is being taken care of by Lippert (who has been wonderful) and asked to be kept them updated in case we need further assistance. We found a local shop who is willing to take us in first thing tomorrow, and get us fixed up as soon as they receive the parts from Lippert! WE ARE STILL AMAZED!!

Neither Heartland or Lippert ever tried to make us feel like we did something wrong or that they wouldn't accept responsibility (Monaco needs to take a lesson from these companies)...they stepped right up and are taking care of everything, even payment if the shop will work directly with them...can't ask for more than that:D :D

Pulltab

How Cool Is That!?

PS: This comment reflects a personal experience. Did I hear the name Monacrapo! :) That is a company that has no business building RV's. Heartland doesn't have enought time to teach them good customer service!

Last edited:

Uncle Rog

That is great news! I just contacted HL / Lippert because my axles do not appear to be parallel. The spacing between tires is quite a bit different on opposing sides. I hope I make out as well! This might be an issue as to why the "chicom bombs" exploded on the rear axles......

kakampers

Just wanted to let everyone know the outcome of our "situation".

As promised, Lippert sent the spring assembly overnight! When we arrived around 10:30 am at the repair shop, the unit was already there. The new assembly was installed and we were on the road by 12:30 pm...we were only two hours later than expected arriving at our next destination! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!

We could not be happier with the response and the service provided by Lippert, and Heartland. They both were committed to making sure this was attended to immediately and that's what happened.

In addition, if you are ever in the area of South Vermont and Northern Mass., off interstate 91 and need assistance, contact Rose Ledge Companies 800-342-8828, ask for Tom. They handle big rigs and will work on RV's of any size. They handle towing, heavy duty repairs, etc. THEY WERE FANTASTIC!:D :D

Pulltab

WOOOHOOOO! Thataboy Heartland! Same for you Lippert! This makes me feel a lot better about getting a repair and parts than any of the previous manufacturers I have ever dealt with! :)

JJAK17

That kind of customer relations was one of the factors that was important to me before I bought a Heartland product. Way to go Heartland!!!!!!

Well, we obviously don't have the right phone #'s because we took our Cyclone 4012 out for a week and had nothing but problems. We're new to RVing but this was ridiculous. We were told by our dealers to "just call us if you have any questions" and we did but they aren't open after 7 pm when we needed them. Then it was Sunday and their service dept was closed. Finally Monday we get hold of them and their techs walk us through some things and after two days of south Texas heat and the battery going dead, we find out that the converter is defective. My husband did all the trouble shooting and found this out. What a way to learn how the RV works! The dealer found us an RV repair shop (the only one in town and for 150 miles) and they made it out to confirm what my husband had already found out. The dealer overnighted the part but it got lost. Then the dealer had one of their guys 150 miles away drive it to us on Wed. Oops, the rain was so bad from the hurricane that San Antonio flooded and they couldn't make it there. The RV repair shop finally got the part and fixed the problem Friday morning. Luckily after three days of heat, the dealer remembered to tell us to buy a "trickle charger" and they'd reimburse us. This was after we had bought a new battery in case that was the problem. The RV repair shop would not do our work until our dealer paid a two year old invoice that was delinquent. Whew!! Finally, Friday morning everything working good and we could finally enjoy the rest of our vacation. It was very educational but I don't recommend it. At least not in 100+ degree weather. We really enjoyed the rest of our trip until we were backing the RV into our back yard and our transmission went out on our truck. The RV tow truck is coming today to back it another 10' into our yard and charge us $75. I've never heard of Lippert and the only phone #'s we had were only open Monday through Friday and this all happened on a weekend. Maybe you all can fill us in the correct Heartland contact people? Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Uncle Rog

gypsy, it will get better...........

Here is a follow up on my axle fix, Lippert is replacing my suspension NO CHARGE! I posted this previosusly in another thread but this is where it should go, thanks HL / Lippert!!!

kakampers

Gypsy...I assume that, just like in our Bighorn, all the phone numbers should be listed inside the closet just inside the entry door. If not, look in your owners manual for Heartland's number. They will put you in contact with whoever you need.

As for the dealer, we had nothing with problems with them and went directly to the manufacturer...that's how you get help!

jpmorgan37

Gypsy;

As kakampers said, the phone numbers for Heartland are in your owners manual and inside the cabinet door. As for Lippert, they manufacture the frames and some of the suspension components. You were correct in contacting your dealer. It is when your dealer can't resolve your problems, that you should contact Heartland customer service. You started off with some bad experience that was excentuated by the weekend, the shipping service and the weather. They say bad things come in three's. Let's hope that this was the three and that it is all uphill from here.

Good luck from here on out,

John

Thanks everybody for the good advice. We actually started seeing results after my husband, Dan pryed the owners phone # out of them. The owner was shocked and took action immediately. We took the Cyclone back into the dealers who promised they'd check everything out with a fine tooth comb for us and fix anything they found. They're also going to reimburse us for the battery and trickle charger we bought to survive in that south Texas heat last week. One of the Heartland reps called my husband last week and asked how we were enjoying our new Cyclone and he told him everything. It's funny, we got a box of fudge (melted in this Texas heat) in the mail yesterday from our Heartland dealers thanking us for our business. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it does get better and I feel that it will. We are really anxious to start fulltiming it in one more month!

Oh....forgot to tell you too.....the transmission did NOT go out on the truck and we got it back out the next day. The trailer never did make it back into the back yard. Still too muddy so we finally found an RV storage place to put it. That's not easy since it's so tall and 40' long. RV storage places are really in big demand around here.