Where is the ring under Microwave turntable?

RanCarr

I told my husband a part was missing from the Microwave when he got home from Elkhart IN with our NT last year. The ring the glass turntable rides on was missing. The glass sits on the middle turning post and when food is placed on it, it flops around and hits the bottom as it turns. The glass turntable can't stay level without the ring. What could have happened to the ring? Did the workmen lose it? No one checked to see before it left HL for the dealer? No one at the dealer checked? How can I get the missing ring? Instead of listening to my husband, I should have called HL myself as soon as I realized there was no support for the glass plate. :mad:

danemayer

Hi RanCarr,

I'd suggest first that you search in all the cabinets and drawers. Our microwave accessories and books are stored under the oven and we just forget that they're there, and when we see them, we forget what they're used for. It might just be sitting under a bunch of stuff you never look at.

If you still can't find it, try calling the dealer to ask where they usually put the microwave accessories and books. If that's no help, maybe the dealer has one they can send you, or can order one for you.

Another option would be to order a replacement from Amazon or another online vendor. The one I linked to is probably not the right one, but you can probably find the right one pretty fast.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Wow! All that time and no rollers under the microwave plate? If I remember correctly, the roller ring is usually packed in the styrofoam along with the plate. Is it possible you still have that styrofoam packing?

RanCarr

Hi RanCarr,

I'd suggest first that you search in all the cabinets and drawers. Our microwave accessories and books are stored under the oven and we just forget that they're there, and when we see them, we forget what they're used for. It might just be sitting under a bunch of stuff you never look at.

When I noticed it not there, the first thing I did was look in all the cabinets and draws. That's how and where I found the large manilla envelope of information for the TT. There is nothing under our oven. It's a closed in space. Another thing I thought was odd was when we bought the Zinger, the turntable and that ring were wrapped in some kind of protective covering I had to remove them from. The microwave in the NT BRS just had the glass turntable sitting inside it loose. Even the microwave we bought for our house had the turntable and ring support wrapped in a foamy type protective wrapper.

If you still can't find it, try calling the dealer to ask where they usually put the microwave accessories and books. If that's no help, maybe the dealer has one they can send you, or can order one for you.

I'm sure hoping so because it really can't be used this way. I'm afraid we'll damage it.

Another option would be to order a replacement from Amazon or another online vendor. The one I linked to is probably not the right one, but you can probably find the right one pretty fast.

Thank you. We'll look into getting a replacement as soon as possible.

RanCarr

Wow! All that time and no rollers under the microwave plate? If I remember correctly, the roller ring is usually packed in the styrofoam along with the plate. Is it possible you still have that styrofoam packing?

There was no wrapping on the glass plate as mentioned in my other post tonight. The glass plate was just loose in the microwave, leaning against the side where someone left it before my husband picked up the TT. My husband was convinced it was supposed to balance on the turning pole. That made no sense to me. We had a few words over it and I let it pass. But using it that way is not going to work because the plate slips off to the side with no support and makes a lot of noise. I found myself not using it because "something wasn't right." Then I started thinking.... I had never seen a microwave without a ring under the turntable. See my other post from tonight...... :)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
More than likely it is a Dometic microwave. If so call Dometic and tell them the model number and they will probably have the ring available. Let them know it did not come with one and maybe they will be good to you.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'd bet that somebody needed a ring for their microwave and snatched yours when it was on the lot at the dealer.
Many things go missing from RVs on dealers lots.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Either someone needed it or maybe who ever unpackaged it, did not see it and it went into the garbage with the packaging.

RanCarr

More than likely it is a Dometic microwave. If so call Dometic and tell them the model number and they will probably have the ring available. Let them know it did not come with one and maybe they will be good to you.

I don't know the brand but that's a good idea. After a year+ though, I doubt they'll do anything. I should have ignored my husband who is too passive about everything and got HL to send me a ring for the MW. :( I'm angry at myself for not doing it now. The dealer who took the RV from HL (they wouldn't sell directly to us) so we could pick it up, probably never checked it at all. The way it came in from HL was the way it was handed over to my husband. I really regret not going up there with him to pick it up. I think he was too tired when he got there to really examine the TT before hooking up and heading back home.

Let me add this: Someone at the dealer in Elkhart could have taken it as mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

We are so busy with the new-to-us 1993 Class-C Dutchman, that we haven't done anything to or with the NT BRS in awhile.

RanCarr

I'd bet that somebody needed a ring for their microwave and snatched yours when it was on the lot at the dealer.
Many things go missing from RVs on dealers lots.

It's a bit complicated so I hope you can follow this: :) Our NT was ordered directly from HL by a FL dealer, but HL would not let DH pick it up at the factory in IN. We live in TN. HL sent our TT to a nearby dealer there in IN, where DH went to pick it up. That dealer in Elkhart called us up as did HL to tell us it was ready to be picked up. It took a month because HL was a little behind on their stock, or so we were told and we were in no mad rush. This NT was already sold to us and not on the lot where people could walk through it. It was done this way as Elkhart was much closer to us than Ocala Fl where dealer #1 was located. We would have had to pay shipping to Ocala FL, then shipping from Ocala to Nashville TN if HD didn't go get it himself. Or DH would have had to make a 2000-mile round-trip to to Ocala to get it.

It either left the factory without the ring or someone who worked at that Elkhart dealer stole it before DH picked it up that day. It was at that Elkhart dealer less than 48 hours.

RanCarr

Either someone needed it or maybe who ever unpackaged it, did not see it and it went into the garbage with the packaging.

The people at the HL factory and at the dealers had no reason to unpack the the stuff in the microwave. The rings under the turntables are too big and stiff to miss with the packing. I don't believe they would have unpacked it. What reason would they have? The glass was loose in the microwave - there was no packing material on it. As someone else suggested, I think someone at either HL or at the Elkhart dealer needed a ring and took it. It's hard to believe the microwave would leave the place it was made with the glass turntable loose as it was, not even taped down.

jimtoo

OK,, if I remember correctly, the glass plate is shipped in a container with a Styrofoam packing. On one side of the packing is the ring embedded in the styrofoam and the other has the plate on it... It would be very easy to discard the packing with the ring still packed away.

So, since it has been missing from the beginning, you did not do a very good PDI to catch the missing piece. I suggest you call the maker of your micro and ask for a replacement ring. It should be very easy to do.

This has been discussed before. Enough said.

Jim M

Wharton

I have a curiosity question. When you have Rvs for Less in Knoxville how did you end up with a potential dealer in Ocala, FL?