New Elkridge 5th wheel

CeeCee

We recently purchased a new Elkridge.Does anyone know why we haven'seen any or Eagle Ridge on the road or at campgrounds

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on the new Elk Ridge.
I do see the Elk Ridge when we are on the road or at a campground.
In fact I saw two last weekend.

Peace
Dave

CeeCee

Thanks Dave that is good to know. I was starting to get worried.There must be a reason.I wonder if they r a fairly new model

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Cee Cee,

Welcome to the Heartland family!

Eagle Ridge was the maiden name for this line back in 2009. They had to change the name due to an issue with another manufacturer, so 2010 they became Elk Ridge and changed the graphics to feature an elk.

There are not as many out there as Big Horns or other larger HL 5vers, but we see them occasionally in our travels. At the national rally in Gillette, we were one of 2 there out of about 140 rigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I certainly wouldn't worry about that...It's been almost three years since we purchased our Big Country and I have not seen one other Big Country on the road only at Rallies! I have seen lots of Bighorns and a few Elkridges.

Best Wishes!

dfk009

CeeCee
Hope your enjoying your new Elkridge, as much as we do ours. We live in a small town of 2800, and there is an Eagle Ridge that is parked at a home, about 7 or 8 blocks from us. Our selling dealer orders Elkridges 3 or 4 at a time since they sell that well. The cherry wood and floor plan sold us on ours. For the way we use ours, and the features of the Elkridge, the price fit our budget. If we traveled more miles, than we would have to consider Landmark or Big Horn.

Don

CeeCee

Thanks everyone! We love our ElkRidge.Hopefully can get the bugs out of it and really enjoy it.

jbeletti

Hi CeeCee,

Congrats on the ElkEidge and welcome to the Heartland family. As Erika mentioned, Bighorn is our top selling 5th wheel but ElkEidge is selling real well too. Lots of them out there. Probably 1 or 2 at every rally I went to this year.

Speaking of which, have you considered joining the Heartland Owners Club? Lots of fun and LOTS of experienced RVers willing to help you with "the bugs" :)

Hope you've considered joining the NJ rally coming up this October and and maybe even the NE Regional Rally in Copake, NY this month.

Happy camping,

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

CeeCee

Hi Jim thanks for the invite. We can't make the Nj rally this year. Hopefully next year. I will look into joining the group.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
We are in our third year with our Elk Ridge and other than a few minor things that all rigs seem to have when new, we really have had no other problems. Still love all the room and floorplan. of course like most, we will probably upgrade in the future. You would also be very welcome at our Michigan rally anytime.

MdMike

We just bought our first 5th wheel! It is an Elkridge 29BHCK. We will be travelling local or somewhat local thru November so we hope to get used to it before the trip to Florida next spring.

Trading our TT (which has been good to us) for the 5th and am looking forward to some better towing with this! It also has a little bit more room too!

Karma attracted us to the Elkridge! We are from Elkridge, Md! Wife wants to add a decal with our zip code on the rear of the trailer. Not sure about that yet! Hope to enjoy ours as much as those I have read about hear!!

jimtoo

Hi MdMike,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Hope you make lots of great memories with your new Elkridge.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome MdMike!

Nothing wrong with "personalizing" your rig. TxBobCat has a large Texas on the back of his BigHorn, I think others have as well. We have "the Dorsey's Mammoth" on the driver's side front nose.

Be sure to share pics and stories and ask lots of questions. Join your local chapter of the Owners Club and attend some rallies. This forum will help you have a great experience with your Heartland!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MdMike

Thanks for the welcom TT.... We sign paperwork today, sometime in the next few days they will install my hitch then I tow mt travel trailer in for the trade and bring home the new 5th! We have 3 more trips, local to semi local before the end of the season so what a way to breake her in!