New 5thWheeler/Owner with Pump questions

dgriffis

Greetings, I'm a new owner of a 2013 Cyclone 4100 and new to the whole 5th wheel experience.
I have a few pump related questions which I'm hopeful you more experienced folk can answer.

First, I have noticed when my 4 way valve is on "City" to pull water in from the outside, my fresh water tank still fills very slowly but surely. From my understanding based on other threads in here.. that is more likely my pump not preventing a backflow than the 4 way valve, can anyone elaborate on that?

Second, How loud should my pump be? Since I'm testing everything on the 5th wheel, I DID fill the freshwater tank and use the pump to see how it worked. My Pump sounds like a small jack hammer going off trying to drill through the floor/wall somewhere. I'm just curious how loud is normal and if I should be checking to make sure it was actually mounted based again on other threads I've read.

Finally, anyone know how I would access where the pump would be on the Cyclone 4100? In case I DO need to check the backflow and/or the mounting of it.

Thanks in advance for any advice! Keep in mind I'm totally new to all this.. so pictures probably would be good if you think its appropriate.

I have a few questions around the fresh water tank as well but I'll go post those outside the "Pump" section.

jbeletti

The check valve is built into the pump itself. You will need to call Heartland tomorrow morning to obtain a replacement or your dealer if you want them to do the work.

Others will weigh in here on the pump location.

bdb2047

Had same problem with backflo.Took front of pump off and a small wood chip was stuck in it.Cleaned it and it has worked since.Backflo is part of diapharm assy.I had called surflo and they sent a diapharm assy but did not need.Can't help with location or noise problem as ours is not loud.