Wilderness owners - where are you???

Gracie4Camping

I have been searching for other Heartland Wilderness Travel Trailer owners and am not finding any on this forum. So my question is - did Heartland stop production of a new travel trailer? Are there any issues I am unaware of?

We have camped for many years started in a tent then a pop-up, then a 22 ft low end travel trailer and now we have the Wilderness which I feel is middle to upper end camper. I would hate to see this camper disappear. I hope to see more on the road soon! Any ideas????

Happy Camping!!

river park.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wilderness owners???

Gracie,

Dont fret. The Wilderness is a fairly recent addition the the Heartland fleet. It could be owners are out there, but don't have time to chat on a forum. Sometimes people end up finding the forum when they have a problem and are seeking answers. Since not many are posting here, sounds like they are not having many problems, either! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CliffP

Re: Wilderness owners???

I think Erika and Tony hit it right on the head. This is pretty new line of TTs and there just aren't that many owners here yet. One thing that might help you find other Wilderness owners is to use the Tags box when you start a post. Type in Wilderness, your model#, Heartland , other Wilderness model #s, and or any other words that would "lead" people to your post (all seperated by commas) if they were to do a google search using these "Tags" (key words).

When we were shopping I used Tags and Mindy kept being led to my forum posts by google.:)

What kind of dog is Gracie? Our Gracie is a Silver Lab.:eek:

Gracie4Camping

Cliff,
Thank you for the tip on Tags, will have to try. Gracie is a beagle boxer mix and she looks like a small lab :)

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Don't know if it helps but we used to own an original Wilderness by Fleetwood...next to our Bighorn it was the best trailer we ever owned! Never had a problem with it...I'm sure Heartland will do the Wilderness name proud!

Welcome to the Heartland family!

jbeletti

Hi Chuck and Patty,

Thank you for purchasing your Wilderness and welcome to the Heartland Family!

Just this morning, I created a Wilderness Community here on the forum. I just moved your thread into it. So now Wilderness has it's very own space. Time to start chatting it up :)

Tumblebug

Count me in the new WILDERNESS owners group HOC #1720. My rig is a Wilderness 1950RB. Picked it up on 27 Aug 2012. Stayed in it that night. Ready to go for a long weekend, Leaving friday back monday. Breaking it in before the Missouri rally starting 21 September with Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn.

This is the dealer and our actual rig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMa44WtFDas

JD

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Chuck and Patty, Ain't this forum great! Thanks Jim B. for helping to create it.

mstueck

We Just picked up a 2013 2250BH Elite Package today. Looking forward to lots of adventures with the kids. We had a popup last year. We used it to figure out if camping would be our thing and what we would like or not like on a camper.

Matt
2008 F150 CrewCab Fx2
5.4 Triton
3.73 axle

jimtoo

Hi mstueck,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will have lots of fun and make lots of great memories with your new toy.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Just purchased a 2013 Wilderness 2550RK. My wife teaches at a local college and needed good work space when traveling. The counter top bar was the selling point. Pulled it home across some mountains in N.C. with a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee (V8 Hemi with tow package) and it was no problem at all towing. Can't wait for spring break when we can finally get it out of town for a few days. Got to make sure I do not mess anything up when I de-winterize. :)

Last edited:

Eddhuy

Congratulations, Heartland does a very good job on all their products. I have a Prowler Titanium fifth wheel and that puts me into a very narrow group but both my wife and I love it.

rtrampe

My wife and I are taking delivery on a 2013 2550RK this weekend. We are very impressed with the Heartland products. We have owned a Jayco hybrid for the past 5 years and thought that Jayco made a very good product but we think the Heartland is every bit as good. Looking forward to many years of great experiences in our new Heartland!

Gracie4Camping

Heartland makes a great product! We have enjoyed our Wilderness and looking forward to many trips this year. Enjoy your new camper. Post some pics when you get it, would love to see it.

danemayer

My wife and I are taking delivery on a 2013 2550RK this weekend. We are very impressed with the Heartland products. We have owned a Jayco hybrid for the past 5 years and thought that Jayco made a very good product but we think the Heartland is every bit as good. Looking forward to many years of great experiences in our new Heartland!

Hi rtrampe,

Welcome to the Heartland family and to the Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. When you pick up your unit, do a thorough inspection before taking delivery. Make sure you get a thorough explanation of how everything works and check out all systems. If anything needs adjustment, the dealer will be motivated to take care of it immediately.

You might consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. There's even an introductory membership that's free so you can join at no risk. Then you can try out a rally and meet other owners. By the time you get there, you may have questions that other attendees will be able to answer. The next Florida rally is in about a week. Here's a link to the club page.

Happy camping.

rtrampe

Hi danemayer, Thanks for the great information!

Hi rtrampe,

Welcome to the Heartland family and to the Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. When you pick up your unit, do a thorough inspection before taking delivery. Make sure you get a thorough explanation of how everything works and check out all systems. If anything needs adjustment, the dealer will be motivated to take care of it immediately.

You might consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. There's even an introductory membership that's free so you can join at no risk. Then you can try out a rally and meet other owners. By the time you get there, you may have questions that other attendees will be able to answer. The next Florida rally is in about a week. Here's a link to the club page.

Happy camping.