Check Your Valance

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
We had a great weekend at the lake, backed into the drive way to unload, put out the living room slide, everything is good. Wait, whats that sitting on top of the chairs at the back window. It's the rear window valance! We have fallen prey to the terrible roads in our province and city. We have one road (which you have to travel on to go to the lake which has whoop dee doos like you cannot not imagine, anyone pulling a 40 footer knows what that feels like..

The three screws that hold the valance to underside of the upper cabinets pulled right out. I will be re-enforcing the the system this week with 1x3 wood inside the cabinets and a few L brakets on the down pieces of the valance. any other suggestions would be helpful.

sjs731

We just had a motor fall off the shaft on the middle slide a couple weeks ago on our way to Bristol. I blame I65 in Indiana. Some nice holes along that road. Needless to say that slide wasn't put out the first night and made for cramped quarters. No Loctite on a bolt that is just turned into a threaded hole. Seems like something that should have been done at assembly. On the way he one piece of ceiling trim came loose. You guessed it.....I65 in Indiana.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
In our other big Country 3250, we have a valance also come loose. No biggy - just put in a little bit larger screw and didn't have any problems after that.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Check the holes that the screws pulled out of. It's quite possible that the installer missed the framing under the cabinet bottom when he hung it and only got the 1/4" luan skin. I've removed all three of the rear valances, hung vertical blinds in them, and remounted them. They are secure.