bike racks

dscholl

What is the best kind of bicycle rack to use on an Landmark? New owner being told we need a curved one from the manufacturer that we've been waiting 2 weeks for. need to take off soon. wouldn't one of those that hitch onto the ladder do for a foldable bicycle built for 2? Thanks for your input.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You can probably get by with a ladder mount for a while with a light bike. Just be sure to strap the carrier to ladder very tightly in foyur or more spots and strap the bike to the carrier tightly. I also suggest a few strategically placed bungee cords to keep the bike, handle bars, and wheels snuggly secured.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I have a double bike rack on our Landmark, the insert is bolted to the frame. It takes me about 10 seconds to load the bike and about 15 seconds to unload the bike.

MTPockets

I have the factory installed 1 1/4" receiver on our Big Horn. The whole fixture is too flimsey as the rack and bikes bounce so much that it finally broke my bike rack. Here is the link to a similar thread and a video of that flimsey rack.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...actory-installed-receiver?highlight=bike+rack