We now own a new Key Largo!!!

BigDaddy

Founding Alabama Chapter Leaders-Retired
We ordered our new Key Largo with all our options (including Chocolate Full Body paint) on July 19th and it was delivered August 23rd - in just 5 weeks!!! We took delivery after the PDI on August 28th and spent the first 2 nights at the dealer's lot - Camping World in Calera, Alabama. No major issues were found and we got everything transferred from our travel trailer to the Key Largo and were ready for our previously planned trip to TopSail Hill Reserve State Park near Destin, Florida on August 30th. The F450 Dually handled it without even a "groan" - and the Key Largo pulled GREAT!! We even received several huge smiles and a "thumbs up" sign from several people on the route - LOL!!!

Our maiden voyage was fantastic - a gorgeous coach and a fantastic camping site! Having to head home after only 4 nights was a bummer, but we've booked a week at Fort Wilderness in Disney World for later this month. We can't wait to hit the road again!

Our experience with Camping World in Calera, Alabama - and our salesman, Joe Josephson - was great, too! Joe knew about our planned trip on the 30th and did all he could to speed up the process and get it delivered with no delays. And the price was the lowest of all the dealers we contacted. We couldn't be more pleased! The best part is that it's only 2 1/2 miles from home, so all our service can be taken care of just a few minutes away.

And, we joined the Heartland Owner's Club as soon as we had a VIN number - and look forward to meeting new friends at some rallies in the future. I even mounted our Owner's Plaque on the ladder before we hit the road for the first time.

Thank you to everyone on the forum that contributed information and provided answers to my previous questions. The info available here is "priceless" - and definetly helped us make Heartland our choice.

WOO-HOO!!!!!:D

Attachments

• Maiden Voyage - Topsail SP.jpg
    Maiden Voyage - Topsail SP.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Topsail SP - maiden voyage.jpg
    Topsail SP - maiden voyage.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 97

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome to the Heartland Owners Club and congratulations on your new Key Largo. Now all you have to do is check out all the fun rallies. Enjoy and travel safely.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Beautiful rig guys! And welcome to the Heartland Owners Club. Don't forget, we would like to have you at our Fall Rally next month down at Paul B. Johnson state park. October 18-21 plus add-on days before and after. Congrats again on your new rig.
Hogan Cooper

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
WOW, a Ford and a Key Largo. You guys must be really smart and good taste too. Ken

ihsolutions

That's a gorgeous coach. Congrats!

I have to say, up until about 6 months ago I was never a fan of full body paint (when considering the cost of the option) but boy is it ever sharp! I'm starting to think this will be a "must-have" option on my LM Mesa next year.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
WOW, a Ford and a Key Largo. You guys must be really smart and good taste too. Ken

Sure hope they continue with the Chocolate fullbody paint...guarantee it's gonna look just as awesome behind my 2011 Chevy too!!...;)

jbeletti

Hi Bill and Susan,

Congrats on the Landmark Key Largo. Welcome to the Heartland Family and the Heartland Owners Club. Extra points for joining the club before you got the RV :)

Hope you can make Hogan's rally. Sadly, we cannot make this one. Hogan and Donna really know how to do a rally. If you can't make that one, try to make another one soon. We've got chapters all over North America, led by some amazing chapter leaders.

Happy camping!

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

Gizzy

Welcome!! Hope you can make it to the Alamissibamasippi fall rally. You will meet a bunch of great folks and have a wonderful time. "Come on down!"

wildwolfproducts

Man had to look and make sure our camper was still here. LOL As there twins, enjoy it and hope you have many years of trouble free camping trips in it. Our 2004 2500HD does a great job with ours so your F-450 should be right at home. Also that stripe matches the truck good. Did you get the Outdoor TV? If so the doors under the dinette open to allow you to get to the back of the TV.
Pete

BigDaddy

krhyde: Thanks - great minds must think alike!! LOL!! Actually, I'm a Chevy man, but I found this F450 at a good deal and just had to have it! I'm very pleased with it so far.

BigDaddy

ihsolutions: I went back and forth on the chocolate full body paint myself. I didn't want to spend the money, but after a while I knew if I didn't get it, I'd be wishing that I had. So, I finally gave in and just "went for it". I'm happy that I did - it really looks sharp!

BigDaddy

Man had to look and make sure our camper was still here. LOL As there twins, enjoy it and hope you have many years of trouble free camping trips in it. Our 2004 2500HD does a great job with ours so your F-450 should be right at home. Also that stripe matches the truck good. Did you get the Outdoor TV? If so the doors under the dinette open to allow you to get to the back of the TV.
Pete

wwp: Thanks - no, I didn't get the entertainment center. We plan to put a swing arm mount in the cargo bay and mount a TV there. By the way, I was born in TN and both of my brothers now live near Paris, TN and I have a nephew in Milan. From your posts, it sounds like you're fairly close to Savannah, TN. Been there a few times, too. Hope to meet you and yours at a rally some day.

DAVET8675

Hello from Australia

That looks b fantastic .
do you know if they make it with the door on other side to suit Australia please

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
DAVET8675, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. I don't know if they do or not. I believe we do have a forum member owning a Heartland trailer though. I remember reading about him traveling here to spend some time touring th U.S. then bringing the trailer back to Australia. I haven't read anything recent regarding that though. You could go to the Heartland RVs website and shoot them an e-mail or give them a call. Hopefully someone from Heartland will see your post here and answer.

wildwolfproducts

wwp: Thanks - no, I didn't get the entertainment center. We plan to put a swing arm mount in the cargo bay and mount a TV there. By the way, I was born in TN and both of my brothers now live near Paris, TN and I have a nephew in Milan. From your posts, it sounds like you're fairly close to Savannah, TN. Been there a few times, too. Hope to meet you and yours at a rally some day.

13 miles west of Savannah Small town called Adamsville Home of Buford Pusser Walking Tall and not much else. LOL I hope we can find time for a Rally some day. But for now were so busy hard to find time that is not booked. But will sure be looking at them and never know when we will find one we can make.

Pete

BigDaddy

13 miles west of Savannah Small town called Adamsville Home of Buford Pusser Walking Tall and not much else. LOL I hope we can find time for a Rally some day. But for now were so busy hard to find time that is not booked. But will sure be looking at them and never know when we will find one we can make.

Pete

Yep - been there, too - and saw the original movie. Buford was one "bad" dude!!