ATF: Road Warrior - ladder contacts roof

I have a 2011 RW305 which i purchased used from General RV in Birch Run MI last week. I like it a lot so far. Pulls heavy though, I have a 2011 Chevy Duramax 2500.I am going to maybe add airbags to the rear of the truck.
I noticed the ladder forward leg contacts the roof and has cut the roof rubber on the edge by about 1/2''. I have asked the dealer and they said to bend the ladder a little to create clearance to the roof. I have made an attempt and also slightly re-located, {raised} the left rung attached to the roof. I used the Bicor roof lap to seal the cut. Do you have any other suggestions? It now has about .200'' clearance from the roof when I am on it, less than a 1/4''. I weigh about 220lb. The service dept said "buy a ladder to carry and don't' use the factory ladder unless i have no other choice". Also there is a switch behind the soap dispenser in the water "{plumbing compartment} what does it do? I dont' mean the light switch on the light. I would like to get a manual for the rig, the water system mostly. Is there a PDF i can download?
Thanks,
Leigh Allen

ILH

The electrical toggle switch in the UDC turns the water pump on and off.

jimtoo

Hi toldtoboat,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Hopefully someone with RW will jump in with an answer for you soon.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M

porthole

Retired
We have a Cyclone 3010, same style as the RW 305

Same problem with the ladder, it was covered with a piece of "Eternabond" tape

The switch you are asking about acts like a 3 way in your house. It can control the water pump from the UDC or inside.
The purpose is to easily turn off the pump when you hook up city water.

Thank you for the help! I will check that out.
I am thinking of changing out the self tapping screws holding the D rings on the garage deck with some stainless lock nuts and bolts. I am not sure i want to trust the factory self tapping screws with my HD Road King in the balance. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thank you to all for the help thus far.
Leigh

Tool958

Thank you for the help! I will check that out.
I am thinking of changing out the self tapping screws holding the D rings on the garage deck with some stainless lock nuts and bolts. I am not sure i want to trust the factory self tapping screws with my HD Road King in the balance. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thank you to all for the help thus far.
Leigh
Those screws go into the frame. I have used them since new to hold two bikes at the same time in the middle. The one thing that probably helps is that we have wheel chock stands that hold them upright and I'm sure take the strain off of the D rings. Have had zero problems and haven't heard of anyone else having any either.

thank you for the feed back, I will add another set of straps to make 6 straps holding as a safe guard and keep an eye on the self tappers for any problems.

PS I have a removable Pingel chock for the front wheel only. It does not hold the bike upright much.

porthole

Retired
Those self tappers will hold fairly well, I wouldn't worry. If you are tiring the bike down so tight that they cause you concern, then it is to tight for the bike.

The side straps shou,d be just tight enough to slightly compress the suspension and to keep the bike upright.
A chock that allows the bike to stand on it's own makes for a much easier loading process. I use BikePro's and a Condor, similar operation, just different designs.

I use 4 or 5 straps, depending on the trip. One on each passenger floor board out to the sides, one on each driving light arm out and forward. I just make them tight enough to slightly load the suspension. I also use one strap around the wheel and straight back to help hold the bike from going forward in a panic stop. I'm still not sure that is needed, but I have plenty of straps.

And Horrible freight is no place to buy hold down straps for your pride and joy.

And as an FYI, I have aluminum tracks running down both sides, the middle and across the front and back of the garage.

Pictures, post #248
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=262148&viewfull=1#post262148

Drive on chicks are also great for just storing the bike in the garage without tieing down while at camp.

I decided to go whole HOG for my Hog, I went and bought the Condor 1500 stand and love it. I set it up on it's own and it really does what it is advertised to do.
I will be installing into our RW305 before the weekend. Thanks for the tip!
Leigh

porthole

Retired
When I put the Condor in I used the traielr plate and bolted it down. I have yet to traielr the bike with the Condor bolted to the plate. Just free standing and up against a cooler I have in front of the bike.
I will probably take that plate out now and fill the holes.

Our toy hauler has the glass sliding patio door just in front about 10" away of the Condor stand so I went with the plate.

Took it out for our first weekend and all went well with that but have a problem with my water pump not keeping prime that i will post in the plumbing section. Also have seen some molding coming apart I will post in structural for some help.
Thanks for your input.

Leigh