Flood Light Switch

jevoliva

First of all -- great forum! My wife and I have had our 2997 Sundance all of a week and a half now and so far we love it! For anyone that has little kids (we have a 2 year old daughter) the "bonus room" works wonders! This is our first fifth wheel (and RV for that matter) and everything is working great...

One question I had (and I am too lazy to go ask the dealer! :) ) Where the heck is the switch for the flood light on the entry side of the 5th? You know, the light at the top of the goose neck -- I have searched and searched and looked through all the manuals that I have and have no idea where to find it.

I hope to take some pics of the setup soon and add them to my sig...

Thanks!

John

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
John,

It should be in the "coat" closet by the entry door. I thought it was labled, though I admit, I haven't used mine yet so I'm not 100% positive.

Mine is located in the front closet of my 2900MK and is the center switch in a three switch panel. The switches are labeled "Living", "D/S" and "Porch"; respectively. D/S is the one. The three switch panel is just to the right of the slide control switches.

BTW, my security light was fitted with a #1295 bulb. While this bulb is bright (50 cp), it has a rated life of only 200 hours and rather hard to find. I replaced mine with an 1156 which is 2/3's as bright, but lasts 10 times as long and is readily available.

- Jack

jevoliva

We do have a D/S switch -- but it would not do anything -- thanks for the tip on the bulb -- I will probably need to pick one up. Any idea what D/S stands for?

Thanks!

John

By Admin:
D/S = Door Side
O/D/S = Off Door Side

John,

I would say your security light bulb is burned out and that is why the switch has no effect. This was the case with my unit. The light itself is mounted quite high and when left on during daylight easily overlooked. Also, if the lamp is a 1295, 200 hours is not a very long filament life. OTOH, they are pretty bright while they last.

- Jack

jevoliva

cannoncocker said:
Mine is located in the front closet of my 2900MK and is the center switch in a three switch panel. The switches are labeled "Living", "D/S" and "Porch"; respectively. D/S is the one. The three switch panel is just to the right of the slide control switches.

BTW, my security light was fitted with a #1295 bulb. While this bulb is bright (50 cp), it has a rated life of only 200 hours and rather hard to find. I replaced mine with an 1156 which is 2/3's as bright, but lasts 10 times as long and is readily available.

- Jack

Jack -- thanks for the tip -- picked up a pack of each to try out at Pep Boys and fianlly got it replaced on Monday -- y'all were right, it was burned out as big as day...

Thanks a million y'all!

John