EMS for 2008 3055RL BH

gjl

Has anyone installed an EMS in thier 3055RL BH? I was thinking of purchasing a Progressive EMS-HW50C. Is it best to place it in the area between the storage compartment and the circuit breaker pannel? I assume you access this area by simply taking off the back wall in the storage compartment. Is installation as simple as attaching the wires that were originally attached to the breaker pannel to one end of the EMS and attaching comprabable sized wires to the other end of the EMS and running them to the breaker pannel? Sorry to sound so stupid, I'm fairly handy with tools, but I really don't understand electricity and can't seem to find a wiring diagrahm for a 3055RL BH.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Has anyone installed an EMS in thier 3055RL BH? I was thinking of purchasing a Progressive EMS-HW50C. Is it best to place it in the area between the storage compartment and the circuit breaker pannel? I assume you access this area by simply taking off the back wall in the storage compartment. Is installation as simple as attaching the wires that were originally attached to the breaker pannel to one end of the EMS and attaching comprabable sized wires to the other end of the EMS and running them to the breaker pannel? Sorry to sound so stupid, I'm fairly handy with tools, but I really don't understand electricity and can't seem to find a wiring diagrahm for a 3055RL BH.

In a nutshell, yes it is simply a matter of disconnecting the shore power line from the breaker panel and installing it into the input side of the suppressor. And then installing a length of 6/3 NM w/g between it and the panel. My suggestion is to mount it nearer the removable basement wall, like on the framing for the steps. Moving your converter to that same location, so that it's not near any possible water leaks, the fuses are accessible, and the fan is not obstructed, is also recommended. The photo is of my BH3670 mounting.

View attachment 21122

gjl

Thank you so much for the response and the picture. I now feel comfortable enough with the installment that I ordered the Progresive EMS this morning.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Take pictures of the wire paths and connections before you disassemble anything. This will give you a reference when reconnecting.
You may find it easier to remove the outer insulation from the cable and feed it through flexible conduit between the EMS and breaker panel. That 6-3/8-1 cable is a bear to work with!
Here's a picture of the Surge Guard in my 3850 Cyclone--

Attachments

• DSC01507.jpg
    DSC01507.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC01506.jpg
    DSC01506.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC01503.jpg
    DSC01503.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 38