What is your experience with the 2012 Heartland Prowler?

We are looking to purchase a new travel trailer and the Prowler is at the top of our list. Since we are first time buyers we are trying to do our homework so we buy something we will be happy with and not something that will only be a headache. We've heard the statements about the best days of RV owner's are the day they buy one and the day they sell it but we also know that RV'ing can and will be what we expect if we buy quality. Anyone who can help us with their experience of buying a Heartland product, especially the Prowler, we would be greatful.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Kyle and Michelle and welcome to the forum.
This is a great place to share information and experiences.
Although I cannot speak for others, I can say that we have fully enjoyed both of the Heartland products that we have owned.
And Heartland support has been outstanding.
I don't know where you heard about the best days of owning a camper, but I think the best days are when we are out camping and enjoying it.
Hope you can get out and enjoy a new Prowler.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thank you, very good to hear. We have heard good things about Heartland but a few negative things about the Prowler. On another thread we received some good information regarding that as well so this forum has already started to help us make a quality informed decision. Again, thank you for taking your time to answer or question.

lorax

We purchased a Prowler last October. While it was a 2011 and not a 2012, we have really enjoyed it. This is our fourth TT and our most trouble free. The only problem to date is an electric lock that needed replacement. Our dealer took care of that promptly and then we put 9 thousand miles on it this winter. (I work summers.) We are getting ready to do some leaf peeping at the end of the month. Then back to the South West. The Heartland product seems well made. It is also the nicest TT we have owned. Our Keystone Zepplin was a mess. It spent lots of time at the dealers. Our KZ spree spent half the four years that we owned it getting fixed somewhere. Expensive fixes which KZ would not stand behind. Then, when the frame failed, KZ told me that the frame was warranted for two years. Our insurance totaled the trailer which lead us to the Prowler. Living in the Prowler for 3 months in Tucson was great. Very comfortable. Good luck with your choice.
Ted

Eddhuy

My wife and I purchased a 2012 Prowler 29P Ti this July. We have only made a few trips in it this year but have a 2 week trip coming up this October. The 5er is nice, just what we were looking for. There were a few cosmetic problems that have been taken care of by the dealer with no problem and Heartland taking care of the tab. We have owned a Terry and a Springdale trailer in the past, no complaints with either other than not enough space.

Only complaint with the Prowler would be the water pump. It is a little noisy and the dealer said there is nothing wrong with it, it is just a cheap pump. Can't say if it is or not but not noisy enough to be an irritation and we have only camped where there is water, so it has been a non-issue so far. Other than that we are quite pleased and would purchase it again if we had to do it over again.

This is the Titanium edition of the Prowler and it tows like a dream. Never a disturbance from other vehicles or the wind. This is our first fifth wheel so can't compare that experience to others. I have not heard nor experienced anything bad about the Prowler. It appears to be of the same quaility of other Heartland fifth wheels minus some of the luxuries. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a Big Horn but did not want to pay the extra cost or tow the extra weight until I have a chance to see what I was looking for in a fifth wheel. We have not been camping for about 12 years. So far the Prowler has exceeded our expectations.