Basement Cargo Door

Stevo

I managed to crush my cargo door by retracting my bedroom slide. I had forgotten that it was open and caught it on the slam latch and tore it up pretty good.
I woud like to order a new frame and cargo door for a 2012 key Largo. Is this possible?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think it is possible to do that.
Give Heartland Customer Service a call and tell them what happened. They should be able to direct you.

Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Oh, and if it eases the pain somewhat, I have seen a few crunched doors. Your not alone.

Peace
Dave

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
And don't forget that if you are a Heartland Owners member you get a 10% discount.

2psnapod2

Also, to prevent this from happening again, I took what they call a Noodle (small one) and sliced it down the middle and now place it on the slide edge. I believe this will keep the slide from making the contact with the door and stopping the issue.

Stevo

Thanks for all the helpful comments. This was the initial homecoming for the unit and the wife was not happy.

dbbls59

Glad to hear that I am not the only one. On my maiden voyage, I made a sharp turn in the service station and the safety cable caught under the hitch and I came to a sudden stop. I had to let the tail gate down to lay down in the bed to reinsert the pin in the breakaway switch. I didn't get the tail gate shut good and when I backed into my drive at home, the tail gate gouged the storage door. New door was $150 but the shipping was $100.

jbeletti

Been there, done that :( Have not had mine repaired yet. Full-body paint coach - so the repair is going to take some time.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
On our rig, that door is hinged to the side. That makes more sense in my opinion. No chance of it getting caught in the slide.

jbeletti

On our rig, that door is hinged to the side. That makes more sense in my opinion. No chance of it getting caught in the slide.

My last unit was side hinged. I have to say that I like the top hinged door better, but yeah, it has more risk.

On the side hinged door, it tends to act as a sail in the wind and open 180 degrees onto the propane cabinet door handle, which can scratch or dent the swinging door.

A couple years ago, at a Colorado rally, I noticed on Ron and Donna Markey's (2Markeys) Landmark Oakmont, that Ron had added a cable so the door would only open 90 degrees. Simple, brilliant modification.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I used the retainer like the main door retainer. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2psnapod2

I like the way the doors are on the Key Largo. Lets you do some things not in the rain if it is raining.