Chapter for Fulltimers?

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
A question for Heartland fulltimers: how do you choose your chapter? Where you're originally from? Where you're domiciled? Where you spend the most time?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are still in the chapter where we were originally from. (So.Cal)
We spend about half our time in Southern Utah.
The Nevada/Az. chapter would be closer during that time, but I have remained loyal to "Old Cranky".

Any member can attend any function, so I don't believe it matters. Trace

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We also have stayed with our original state where we have everything registered and vote from.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are still in the Mississippi/ Alabama chapter. But we are going to attend every rally we can and then make a choice. But yes you can go anywhere you want and also attend any event you would like. So in reality, we are in the Heartland Chapter!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are still in the Mississippi/ Alabama chapter. But we are going to attend every rally we can and then make a choice. But yes you can go anywhere you want and also attend any event you would like. So in reality, we are in the Heartland Chapter!

Hogan is a great guy and I don't know if you could find a better chapter leader. Trace

(Hogan, you can pay me later. LOL) (No, I really meant what I said)

Last edited:

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
HOC members can choose any chapter they want to be their "home" chapter. The primary reason for the member to select a chapter is so that the member will receive communications from a Chapter Leader regarding club events in a particular area. The primary reason for HOC leadership is that your "home" Chapter is where you are counted for club statistics. This helps the club leadership in the selection of locations for HOC events, including the every other year NA Rally.

If you spend a significant amount of time during the year in multiple locations, you could join the Chapter where you would like to be "counted" and contact the Chapter Leader of another Chapter and ask to be added to his/her contact list.

Hope this helps.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When we were full time, we used our old home state for a chapter. If we are traveling and happen to be in an area where a Heartland Rally is taking place, we attempt to go. No need to be a member of any specific chapter though.

jbeletti

As Julie and others have mentioned - doesn't really matter - it's all good :)

The difference of significance is who you will hear from about their own chapter rallies. I'd probably select the state/province I spend the most time in.