Turning the Table.

I must tell you all! WE LOVE OUR BIGHORN!!! We would like to turn our table around so it is the other way. How do we get the screws out? I tried but only one would unscrew. I have measured and know the table will fit the other way under the window giving us more room from the kitchen. The 3 Bs Bettybobbelle

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: bettybobbelle

BBB, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. Are you using a #2 square tipped driver? In some cased a phillips might work but you stand a chance of stripping out the screw heads. Turning the table is something that others have done. A little extra room in the "aisle".

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Re: bettybobbelle

Welcome to the forum. Yes, we have turned the table sideways on the last 2 coaches without any problems. Got the screws undone with a phillips head driver.

rick_debbie_gallant

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347022727.576963.jpg

As you can see we moved the table to the rear of the coach. We also turned the base of the table so the legs were square to the table and not at an angle.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
A phillips may work, but it sounds like your screws are in fairly tight. You absolutely should use the #2 square tip head to get them out. Almost all the screws on your trailer are the #2 square head type.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I also turned ours around, and you do need a #2 square drive bit to remove the screws. They may be in too tight for you to use a hand-held Phillips screwdriver and you will end up stripping the head with it. Use the #2 bit with a cordless drill/driver (or impact driver) to get them out.

bobber

Turned our table around and we love it. We also took 2 chairs home to make more room. If we have company we just bring in 2 of the fold up chairs. We did use a #2 square drive and cordless drill. Good luck.