ATF: Big Country - Hydraulic jacks

My left front hydraulic jack on our BC3650RL is leaking slightly and it seems to be from up near the top of the jack. How much leakage is acceptable and should the trailer be stored for extended periods while sitting on the jacks?We are now using automotive jackstands and only support the trailer on the hydaulics when hitching and unhitching.

jimtoo

Hi Sterlingsilver,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum and welcome to the family.

There should be zero leaks in the hydraulic system. If you can and feel comfortable about it you might check the hose connections at the top of the jack. I would be sure you have jackstands that will support the weight of the trailer. If you don't see anything, contact your dealer for help with the repairs.

Jim M

I pulled the jack assembly out and everything is tight but somewhere it's seeping at the top. Rull of thumb is when the amount leaking costs more than the repair; then it gets repaired. It can leak a lot before just the cost of gas to the dealer is justified. Worst problem is it makes Lippert look bad and makes pink puddles.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
How old is your BC. Check on the warranty of the jack system. It might be a 2 year. Call HL and see if you can take it to a closer RV repair shop. HL does this all the time....it doesn't have to always go back to your dealer.

It's only 8 months old. Definitly in warranty. I'm just not really all that excited about the leak. The jacks work and I can go camping to my hearts content. Hydraulic fluid is cheap. If I can't fix it myself I'm inclined to let it go.

Hats off to Heartland who has called me about this and opened a warranty claim for me. Now I need to work it out with the dealer and see what he has to offer. If he's got someone out my way and wants to make a cheap service call I could get interested.