Kingdome Satellite Receiver

Stevo

I just got word that my new to me Kingdome mounted on my roof will only receive Mexican, Chinese and local stations from Direct tv. Why would my dealership then sell me (3) HDTV's in the unit. I had to go with the old tri-pod again. The wife is not happy. Sorry for the rant, I should have gone to Dish.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
You could switch to Dishnetwork and receive HD channels from Dish network using the King-dome. The King-dome is limit to two satellites that directTV uses which is limiting your programming.

here is the list of satellite slots that King-dome can access.
Satellite TV Service Provider Compatibility
DIRECTV* - 101, 119
DISH 500 - 110, 119
DISH 1000 HD - (110, 119, 129) and (61, 72, 77)
Bell TV - 91
Bell TV HD - 82, 91
King-Dome Systems are compatible with Dish Network and Bell TV HDTV programming.
*These antennas do not receive DIRECTV HD programming from Ka band signals on satellites 99 and 103.

Gaffer

I have used Direct sat #101 all over the west coast to Texas and Wyoming without any problem. My reciever is SD not HD. If you can set the reciever to SD you should be okay. I don't know which reciever you have or if that is an option with your reciever. Just tossing out ideas. Good luck.

danemayer

I just got word that my new to me Kingdome mounted on my roof will only receive Mexican, Chinese and local stations from Direct tv. Why would my dealership then sell me (3) HDTV's in the unit. I had to go with the old tri-pod again. The wife is not happy. Sorry for the rant, I should have gone to Dish.

Are you sure you got an accurate word? The kingdome website claims: "Works with DirecTV, Dish Network and Bell TV standard digital signals". No, that's not a great story when you have HDTVs, but it's better than what you were told.