Calmark Covers and Storage Options

JawBreaker

Covers have already been discussed on the forum, however, I am running out of Summer and don't have my storage barn constructed. With that said, I am going to have to use an alternative storage system. Looking at Calmark custom covers rather than Adco or any of the ones sold at RV dealerships, ie a generic fit cover. From my reading, I see that there is about a 50/50 split in the "use a cover vs.don't use a cover". Seems the greatest complication is abrasion of the rubber roof membrane. Calmark tells me their covers will not do this, physics says it will to some degree. Has anyone tried to cover the corners with flexible foam insulation like used on the top of basement walls and the sill of a house? This stuff is flexible and could be placed around the sharp edges such as where the roof and side walls meet. Anyone tried other means to prevent the abrasion? I would like to protect the trailer as affordably as I can, looked for inside storage, but all the facilities around this area are either full or exterior only. Anyone have other ideas, other than metal carport (our city code does not allow those), have also looked at the $3500 to $5000 tarp storage barns, is there any concensus on those? Seems like an aweful waste considering I won't need one when I get my building done. Thanks for any suggestions.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We have used a CalMark cover for four years. We had no sign of abrasion on the RV. I say "had" because we just traded it in for a new BH 3585RL. We always made sure the cover was tight and tied so it didn't flap in even the worst of our snow storms.

Kristy