Slides for rear chairs

MTPockets

Moving those chairs in the rear to close the slides has not been easy. I heard about a giant frisbee thing but couldn't find it anywhere, so i bought a pack of four furniture movers and attached them with plastic electric ties... Chairs move great and even DW can do it....... Here's a pic

Chair Base.jpg

jbeletti

Nice snow shoes :) Should work well.

The frisbees are from Flair Interiors. I think they are $15 for 2. Probably a bunch more for shipping, unless you're driving by Goshen, IN.

Jim

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Thanks for the idea/photo!! I've been trying to come up with something for moving those chairs around without giving myself or my husband a hernia or a slipped disc!! Attaching them is the key.
Have you had any problems with the chairs sliding around while you are driving down the road?? I'm a bit concerned that they might shift just enough to get hung up on the slides & we wouldnt notice until we start to bring the slides out...ours is a 3670 and there's not an easy way to get to the back of the RV to check before bringing the slides out.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Great mod!! We have used the furniture movers with limited success... somehow the chair likes to jump off of them. This is helpful to see how to attach them so they can't escape.

Adding this to my project list...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

I used RVers Goop elastometric adhesive to glue the sliders to the chair's metal tubes base. It has worked well.

MTPockets

Thanks for the idea/photo!! I've been trying to come up with something for moving those chairs around without giving myself or my husband a hernia or a slipped disc!! Attaching them is the key.
Have you had any problems with the chairs sliding around while you are driving down the road?? I'm a bit concerned that they might shift just enough to get hung up on the slides & we wouldnt notice until we start to bring the slides out...ours is a 3670 and there's not an easy way to get to the back of the RV to check before bringing the slides out.

They don't move. Ours is wedged between the rear wall and the slide, plus we use the provided strap as well.

SilverRhino

I keep meaning to measure the bases of our chairs...........My thought was to buy a couple of the plastic hot water heater pans. Everytime I see these at one of the Big Box stores I make a "mental" note to get measurements to see if they would work. Maybe if I wrote it down I might have a better chance of remembering :rolleyes:

donr827

We have the same chairs in the rear of our trailer. Have the same problem, moving them around. I turned one over the other day and noticed that on mine the round metal ring has 8 small rubber bumpers attached. These rubber bumpers, or whatever they are called, seem to dig into the carpet. I might try to remove 4 of them and see if this helps the problem. Not sure what the purpose of the 8 rubber bumpers are.
Don

RCF

Great mod! Thanks for the info and pic's.

I checked with Flair - the "frisbees" are price $26 each now, so over $70 shipped for a pair now - ouch! I'll be swinging into Home Depot today to take find some of the furniture slides myself.

SilverRhino

I checked with Flair - the "frisbees" are price $26 each now, so over $70 shipped for a pair now - ouch! I'll be swinging into Home Depot today to take find some of the furniture slides myself.

WOW......Did they quote you a price with the chairs? That price is just crazy........I will definitely cross that option off the list and go with furniture slides or the water heater pans ( If they fit! )

Thanks for sharing.....

Gizzy

Ouch is right! We stopped by Flair after the 2011 Goshen rally and picked up 2 ea at $13 ea.