Front End Cap Warp

Hi.... we are considering the purchase of a 2011 North Trail 31RED. I have seen several North Trail and we really like them. The 31RED fits needs the best and we put a holding deposit on it. My challenge with purchase is that the front end cap has some warp to it. The sales person says this is normal. I am getting mixed responses from researching the internet.

Has anyone had this problem, what are the issues here and what does it take to get it fixed? The coach isn't in warranty to our knowledge, and we would be second owner anyway. Is this a defect that Heartland addresses out of warranty? I don't see any water issues, but I haven't completed the full inspection yet to look. Dealer will check seals and reseal for $70, but I don't feel this should be something necissary on something so new.

I just hate to spend $22K on a coach that is just a year old that comes with a serious issue... I would rather keep searching. Any feedback from people that have had to deal with this issue and the manufacturer would be great!

Thanks, Kevin

jimtoo

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm not sure what warp your commenting about. If you could put a picture or 2 up it would really help. Also hopefully some of our other North Trail owners will jump in soon and may know something about it.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

GOTTOYS

I would go elsewhere and look at a new one. Might not be much price difference, you would get a warranty and you can see if the front cap situation is normal. I think as a second owner it might be hard to get any help from the manufacturer. You would probably have more leverage if you were the original owner..Good luck in your decision..Don

I would go elsewhere and look at a new one. Might not be much price difference, you would get a warranty and you can see if the front cap situation is normal. I think as a second owner it might be hard to get any help from the manufacturer. You would probably have more leverage if you were the original owner..Good luck in your decision..Don

Thanks you two. North Trails are hard to come by out here because we have to have them shipped out, where a comprible (in the consumers eyes) Keystone is made here in Oregon, so we only have one small North Trail dealer left, everyone else pulled out of the market. I am going to go look at a 26RKS to see... if not, I am sufficiently satisfied that it's going to be a costly repair that the manufactuer doesn't care about. I have unfortuately seen a good healthy mix of old and new with and without this problem, but it seems from what I have read that Heartland is great with customer service, if you buy new, which isn't what I am looking for in a company. I want someone to stand by their product, especially since the coach has only been in service for just over a year. WHich is really a bummer because I really like the North Trail!! Thank again for the input. Kevin

jimtoo

Kevin, have you or the dealer contacted Heartland about the problem with pictures to show the area? And is it actually a defect? You will need the VIN if you contact Heartland service.

Jim M