Making our way from Elkhart to Victoria BC

thumper

We picked up our new Sundance in Elkhart and eventually left (after a few problems - wrong axles) and are heading back to Victoria, BC. Wave if you see us, a Blue GMC Duramax and Sundance 2997 on our way through the Badlands, Yellowstone and finally Seattle/Vancouver/Victoria.

shovelguy

thumper said:
We picked up our new Sundance in Elkhart and eventually left (after a few problems - wrong axles) and are heading back to Victoria, BC. Wave if you see us, a Blue GMC Duramax and Sundance 2997 on our way through the Badlands, Yellowstone and finally Seattle/Vancouver/Victoria.

Unless I had a real burning desire to tow though Seattle's traffic, I would head north in Central Washington, around Wenatchee, through Twisp and the Methow Valley, and go over the North Cascades pass highway, it's a little crooked and a steep hill or two , but nothing that Duramax can't handle. And the scenery is a lot better.

Dean

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Aw come on shovelguy Seattle is not that bad at 2am?? We pull north and south through Seattle a couple of times a year. Yes the traffic is busy and the road surface is horrible.
Thumper let us know when you are coming through Ladner we could meet for coffee or a cup of tea.
Rand

thumper

We had a great trip back to Victoria, only a couple of small problems with the Sundance (light cover blew off, tear in day/night blind). We got hailed on in South Dakota pretty hard (took out our skylights and banged up the GMC T.V. badly-I am waiting for the estimate). The fiberglass sides and rubber roof on the Sundance held up well to the hail. It was parked under a large tree, so it didn't get the full force.

We only saw a few "sighting". We camped next to a Sundance in Yellowstone (from California), and saw several Big Horns on the roads.

Thanks for the coffee/meeting offers from the members! We had too many stops already and had to be back for school.

I really could get into the full time RV mode!