New 3595RE - First Impressions

yycmike

Before I start I want to be clear that I am very happy with my new fifth wheel. It is the fourth one I have owned. While there are always issues I am disappointed with the industry in general as it seems no matter what the manufacturer they are built as quickly and cheaply as possible. The issues I experienced on our first outing are:

1) All three sinks supply lines leaked. The fittings were finger tight, not hand tight. Easy fix as I tightened them myself. There was water that leaked from the bathroom sinks supply line and ran down into the bedroom/bathroom slide and then ran through to the outside of the slide. which is where I first noticed the leak.

2) All connections on the rear of the main water valve were loose, and some were leaking. Again not a big deal as I tightened them all.

3) The black tank flush plumbing was incorrect and I had to swap the pipes to get water to flow to the black tank flush. Again, not a huge issues, which I corrected myself.

4) While opening the storage area to find the water issues I found that the central vac was not attached to its bracket. I reworked the bracket so the vac was properly supported. It was only being held in place by it's trim bracket in the cargo area.

5) Carpet throughout the unit is held down by small staples. Many were loose and caught on your feet when walked on. Pulled at least 20 of these small staples out by hand that were standing proud and very loose from the floor.

I've had similar issues on other rvs I've owned over the years. My disappointment is that the quality control on all RVs is very low. For someone without the knowledge or skills to complete these repairs there would have been water damage and a great deal of frustration. These are very minor issues that should have been done correctly in the first place, or at least picked up by QA before the unit leaves the factory.

The RV itself is very comfortable and I look forward to spending a great deal of time in it over the next five years.

danemayer

Hi yycmike,

I'm glad you were able to take care of these things fairly easily, and before anything got worse. It does seem like they all could have been avoided.

jbeletti

yycmike,

Thank you for purchasing a Heartland and welcome to the Heartland family. Sorry that you experienced these couple of issues. I have sent this on to the plant that built your unit, the brand manager and the director of production. It's my hope that we will re-examine the line and make improvements to eliminate these issues going forward. Thanks for letting us know that this still happens now and then.

yycmike

Thanks for the welcome everyone! This seems to be a very productive forum.

All the issues are resolved and I put the basement back together this afternoon. While I was in there I changed the outside shower hose end to accept a plug in fitting which attaches to the "curly" (don't know the proper name) hose with the garden sprayer on the end. Much better flow and more useful.