Adding 110v light fixture over sink

R-Bryan

When looking to buy our 5th wheel, we kept seeing decrative, functional light fixtures over the sink/bar. Our coach does not have a light fixture of any kind in that area and I would like to install one. The location will be between the main AC unit and the Fantastic vent fan. I've searched all the forum threads here and have not seen anything related... which does concern me a bit, but perhaps I overlooked the one reference? I plan to run 14 gage-three wire from the fixture to the electrical panel behind the glass cabinet door. I've figured out I can tap into the switch for the celiing fan with an added light switch and operate the two independently of each other. I'm needing to know what is in the ceiling and some ideas on how to attach the standard residential ceiling light fixture. There's no typical "box" to screw the fixture bar into. If I cut a whole and add a box is there anything to anchor the box to? Or are there other options that might work better? Hiding the wire from the fixture to the light switch box is my other quandry. Any suggestions there would be welcome too.

Ray

hoefler

You would have better luck tying into the ceiling fan than trying to run a wire to the switch in the cabinet. Then install a pull chain switch in the new fixture for independent operation.

Westwind

I have a 2012 Bighorn and I think your dealing with a laminated foam ceiling roof with channels routed in the foam for the existing ceiling fixtures, fans, and vents. You might want to contact the factory. If you call customer service with your vin # they should be able to tell you what you can do easily or what will work well. That will save you second guessing and finding out after you started that their was and easier way. Good Luck and keep us posted on your progress.

R-Bryan

Good suggestion, I'll see what the factory folks have to say about it... will follow up with pictures and explanation - if it works.

Thanks..