Need suggestions again...this time toilet not flushing

tennbrad

Hey Guys-

115 days into our trip and the list of won't-works, have to replace and not working rights continues...

Today the toilet decided out of the blue to stop flushing. It's barely trickling water. Currently I'm on city but when I turn the pump on it does the same thing. Water pressure to all other faucets, etc are working fine. I checked behind the panel and can't see any leaks or such and the flush mechanism itself seems to be working properly (i.e. the gate lifts and the water flows just barely and like there's barely any pressure).

Any thoughts or help would be great and I continue to enjoy and be thoroughly frustrated with our 2011 MPG182.
Thanks so much,

Brad

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
lift up on the foot valve - does the water flow? I'm thinking either a plugged line or a bad valve. If it flows well when you lift up then it could require an adjustment, although I've never had to adjust that before.

Kevin

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Brad. One question here. Are all other water sources flowing normally?
It could be a bad valve or a pinched or kinked line going to the commode.
You might try turning off the water supply and take the valve apart. Might be some debris stuck in it.

Peace
Dave

tennbrad

Dave-
Yes all of the other sources and faucets are flowing normally. I could take the valve apart, if I knew where it was.?? Is that where the line enters behind the toilet? Honestly, there's so little room behind there in an MPG, I would be hard to disassemble anything without removing the toilet itself.
thx
bc

tennbrad

Is there a way to flush the line without disassembling the valve? Right now I have a regulator on the city water supply, perhaps taking it off and trying to get some more pressure might blow any debris along??
bc

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Taking the regulator off may blow more than the debris out.
I would not do that for fear of blowing apart other fittings.
Do you know what model commode you have? There should be a label on it somewhere.
If we know what model you have we might be able to find some information on removing the valve.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think both Dometics have a similar valve. It's possible your foot pedal is not actuating the valve all the way. It's a deal where the further down you push the pedal, the more the valve is actuated. Pull the side cover off the pedal and check the screws that hold the valve to the side of the pedestal. I'd wager they are loose.