Installling a new washing machine

B

BouseBill

Our BC came plumbed for a washing machine, the boss decided since we are going to be full timing again in the very near future she wanted a washing machine. OK a new Splendide now sits in the laundry cubbyhole, I though I was going to have to oil down the sides of the machine to get between the sides of the door opening. My question is what is the best way to cut the hole for the vent, I don’t want to screw something up trying to go to fast on this installation….but now I have to get the machine out before I can get it back in…..oh oh starting to sound like a politician LOL. I have to admit I have not even looked at all the paperwork that came with the machine;)

[FONT=&quot]Bill[/FONT]

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Try this thread for some info --> //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/28361-Dryer-Vent-Location

Brian

Thanks for the "plug" Brian!😉

Larry and I drilled several pilot holes to be sure we located where a four inch hole could be drilled out. When you are sure of the location and have center located, very slowly use a 1/8 in bit to drill a centering hole thru the wall. The wall is about three inches thick so you'll need a four in long bit at least. When the pilot hole has been drilled thru from the inside (measure, measure, measure to be sure your are also in a space available location outside before you drill the pilot hole. Not good to end up on a seam outside), go outside and start your cut with a four inch hole saw. Start the cut with the drill in reverse. This will help score the fiberglass and keep the hole saw bit from cracking the fiberglass. Once you have the outline cut about 1/8 inch deep, you can put the drill in forward and finish the cut.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347243630.916286.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347243671.578884.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347243699.510642.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1347243725.528459.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347243754.507689.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347243790.226010.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347243825.080264.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347243858.357094.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

BouseBill

Gus, Thanks for all the information and photos. Job done, the washing/dryer machine is now operational. I was a little apprehensive about cutting a 4" hole in the side of the rig....used a stud finder to locate anything that might have been in the way (none).
I will say to anyone else doing this job yourself, in our case a 4" hole was just a tad small..the outside vent cover was maybe 4 1/8" round so I had to file off a bit to get the cover to slip in the hole.

Bill