Lippert rear stabilzer jacks

v92c

Texan
Has anyone had trouble with the electric motor yet? We got stuck in a park the other day with the jacks down, the motor froze up. I called Lippert and Camping World for tech support, but since we were out in the wild we kept losing cellular. I ended up removing the cross members and tieing the jacks up, to get it home.

When I starting checking on a replacement motor I found out that they are very proud of them. $480 for a new motor :eek: , $520 for a whole new assembly. Of course my camper is 6 months out of warranty.

Anyway just beware that the motor can go out without any notice, it worked fine when I lowered the jacks setting up camp 4 days earlier.

And the warranty from Lippert is one year from Installation not from the date of purchase. Mine might have been out of warranty when I bought it. But no matter because my Heartland warranty is up also.

Tony

Forrest Fetherolf

v92c,

Call Heartland, you never know, the right words at the right time to the right person might get you a new motor. I'd give it a try. Put Heartland to the test to see how far they will go with their excellent customer service.

Forrest

sjrellis

The electric rear stabilizer jacks is only one of the few options we did not get when we ordered last week. We thought about that motor going out and decided we could do without. I hope that you can get it covered under warranty, tho.

BluegrassMan

You can go to a local repair shop that works on starters etc. and have the motor checked out and rebuilt allot cheaper I would think.

jpmorgan37

For all of us that have the electric jacks, mine got very sluggish and seemed to be straining after a few months. I gave the screw threads a shot of WD-40 and zoom, they worked so much better and faster. Now I give them a shot every couple of months. Maybe it will help. Only time will tell, but I love them.

John

roazo

Sundance Owner
Ours did the same thing, you can use the crank handle that came with your trailer to manually raise or lower the jacks. Our turned out to be the switch, which was sent to us from Laippert.You can check this by cranking the jacks up andif you can put them back down then either you have bad switch or loose wire. If it will go one way it is not a bad motor. Hopes this is some help.

Bopper

Greetings:

When you say that you are six months out of the warranty period, do you mean the one year Heartland warranty? Lippert warranties their electric stabilizer jacks for 2 years. Even if you are beyond the two year point, you should at least contact Lippert. They may still honor their component warranty.

Best regards,
Bopper

2 adults and a very spoiled Cocker Spaniel
2006 3500RL Bighorn

v92c

Texan
Customer Service

Just to let everyone know what is going on...

I got an email from Jim Fenner of Heartland. He had read this forum and emailed me asking for more details. I called him and we spoke, he did not promise anything but said he would look into it and see what he could do.

I have to say that no matter how this turns out, Heartland has great customer service. I appreciate that they are watching this forum, and taking the initiative to contact the owners who are having a problem to see if they can help.

Another Happy Heartland owner

v92c

Texan
Another update

Jim called this afternoon. He wanted to let me know that he was able to step in and help out with my motor problem :D

I told him several times how much I appreciated him doing this for me. Heartland did everything they could and more than they were legally required to do.

I want also mention that Jim read this forum and discovered that I was having a problem, then he contacted me. I didn't contact Heartland, until they asked for more information.

That is Excellent Customer Service

Uncle Rog

Last week when Lippert said they would re-do my entire supension N/C, I was, needless to say, pretty darn happy! And HL is still repacing the delaminated hatch door I called out several months ago, under warranty.....no questions asked.....

gawelsh

My recurring theme....THIS IS THE KIND OF COMPANY WE WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH.....Heartland and their big suppliers, like Lippert, are top-notch in the customer support arena. Glad to hear it 's working out for you:)

v92c

Texan
Update

Just to let everyone know what is going on....

The jack handle arrived today from Lippert as promised.

Also the motor arrived today, 3 days after they said it was coming!!!

So all that is left is putting it back together.

A Big Thanks to Heartland for going above and beyond for Customer Service.

And to Lippert, thanks for the jack handle, if it ever happens again I will be ready.

Tony

flagtrax

• I have issues with my 2009 Cyclone as well. A malfunctioning (cheap) retract/extend swith stuck in the retract position in a very subtle way. leaving power to the motor continuously. (I've had several switches fail in this unit on various systems.) The outcome was that the motor slowly burned up. The enamel on the armature windings literally melted off, and pretty much "glued" the unit solid. Because I am competent in electronics and mechanics, (better than most "certified" techs) I took it apon myself to remove the motor assembly. To do this, the control switch and panel must be removed to gain access to the wiring to the motor. It is crimped to the leads to the switch. When I got to the wiring I found one of the crimps loose, as well as the hot wire stripped back too far showing bare wire. This can be very hazardous considering that at no time was there a fuse blown in the circuit. I made Heartland aware of this and in their reply they simply gave me the mfgr part number for the motor, and made no mention of the wiring/safety issues, clearly a quality control issue on their part; of which his particular problem as well as many others I've had illustrates a lack of. This is my 6th RV and my 4th Fifth Wheel, and by far the one with the most problems. In my humble opinion one should not have to deal with these issues, especially at the price of these rigs. I have contacted Heartland in the past conserning issues on this rig and they've simply turned a deaf ear.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's not unheard of for the rear stabilizer motor housing to leak and admit water into it. Mine died at the end of last summer so I hand cranked it up. At home, I disassembled the motor and found the flimsy springs for the brushes corroded to the point of being useless. So I cut up the spring from a ball point pen and replaced them. Worked good as new during bench testing, so it's going to be reinstalled for this season.