Babies Wrapped in Love Blanket Drive for Goshen rally '13

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselsweetheart

Hi ladies!

I've already had a few inquiries about the blanket drive in Goshen (like the one we had in '11)... and YES, I will be coordinating that Heartland Gives Back initiative project again.

If you remember (and for the new ladies who have joined us since then), we collected 178 blankets, numerous hats, booties, and sweaters for the women's shelter in that area. I had set a goal of 50 blankets and was blown away and reduced to tears so much I could barely get through our prayer for the blankets...what a joy it was to be able to turn over so many beautiful items.

So get your knitting needles and crochet hooks out again! Baby blankets are typically 40 X 50 so you can use that as a point of reference. When you are done with your blankets, I ask that you place them in the large storage zip lock baggies for safe keeping and ease of transport and delivery. I will have tags available for you to tie on your blankets when I make my rounds in Goshen BEFORE we turn the blankets over.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message...and see you in Goshen for the big rally... June 2013!

Thank you so much for thinking about the blankets again....

jbeletti

Cheryl and I have decided to relocate the Babies Wrapped in Love conversation over to the 2013 Goshen Rally thread of the same name in order to keep the conversation in one place for everyone's benefit.

Here's a link to that thread.

Thank you all for contributing to the conversation and more importantly, for participating in this great program.

Status
Not open for further replies.