Audio/Video Wiring Schematic Request

Andy_Parker

I am helping the owner of a Torque 312 (VIN 5SFCG3826DE252633) work through the units entertainment system features. Would you please post an audio/video wiring schematic to aid us? I apologize if this has already been done for this unit... I did find postings for Bighorn and Landmark brands, and I have figured out that there are similarities, but I haven't found a posting for the Torque brand and I want to make sure we do things the way the factory intended.

Beautiful Toy Hauler by the way!!

jimtoo

HI Andy Parker,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm not sure the factory will respond, but you can call Customer Service. 877-262-8032 You will need the VIN also.

Jim M

danemayer

I am helping the owner of a Torque 312 (VIN 5SFCG3826DE252633) work through the units entertainment system features. Would you please post an audio/video wiring schematic to aid us? I apologize if this has already been done for this unit... I did find postings for Bighorn and Landmark brands, and I have figured out that there are similarities, but I haven't found a posting for the Torque brand and I want to make sure we do things the way the factory intended.

Beautiful Toy Hauler by the way!!

Hi Andy, if you'll tell us exactly what you're trying to do, perhaps someone can help.

Andy_Parker

jimtoo and danemayer Thanks for the fast reply!! The owner is looking for a good way to build in a DVD player that can be viewed by the TV that's already installed in the main lounge/dining area (primarily) and controlled by a remote from there. Knowing where existing splitters, wiring, and other components are will help... The owners packet doesn't seem to cover that stuff very well... Maybe the answer is just to add a shelf in the general area and run a short HDMI cable to that TV, which is the factory's common Sansui install...

Are you saying that the other schematics I've seen posted came from non-factory sources?

Thanks again!!

Andy

danemayer

looking for a good way to build in a DVD player that can be viewed by the TV that's already installed in the main lounge/dining area
Andy,

If there were a COAX diagram, it wouldn't help with this. DVD connection to TV would be via HDMI cable, as you said. Most new TVs have 2 or more HDMI inputs and a Coax/antenna input, so that shouldn't be an issue. The Torque should be pre-wired for Antenna/Cable and Satellite. The Antenna/Cable connection is via COAX. If you install satellite, depending on what type of outputs the receiver has, you'll either use another HDMI cable, or COAX. If COAX, you'll need a diplexer to share the single COAX input on the TV with the other signals coming in.

You might want to look at your sound system. When the A/C is running, it can be hard to hear the TV. If you look at the manual for your sound system and the manual for your TV, you can see what audio inputs and outputs are available to route the TV output to the sound system. Once you find a matching set, you can get the appropriate cable and set the TV and sound system to route the audio appropriately.