• Number of sites held: No block reserved
  • Site fee: published rates per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: None
  • Non-Club Member fee:
  • Potluck: No
  • Potluck date: 10/20/2012
  • Potluck time: 5:00pm

------------------------------
  • Event Leader: Flying Dutchman(click to contact)

Additional Info:
------------------------------
Join us for a relaxing weekend in Williamsburg. Stay for the long weekend, or come for a day. No agenda planned, just fun with your Heartland family. Plenty of area attractions for the restless.
When making reservations, indicate you are with the Heartland group (van Opstal site #50) and they will site you in close proximity. Campground honors Good Sam and AARP discount.
Dinner 10/20 is bring your own meal and share company with your friends. We may plan an evening restaurant meal if group desires.

Attendee List:

1. Gus and Debra Funderburg #49
2. Dorothy and Eric van Opstal #50
3. Nancy and John Latham #51
4. Cindy and Don Massengill #52
5. Marsha and Johnnie Turner #53
6. Debbie and Dick Hazel #54
7. Bob and Stephanie Hill #55
8. Janet and Roger Burnham #56
9. Betty and Cameron Rowe (Gallimore friends) #36
10. Marge, Ken and Sarah Gallimore #37
11. Barbara and Ed Rauch #60

Last edited:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I wish Sam and I could be there but we will not be able to make it- :( I know that weekend we will be playing catchup for the [previous three weeks.

Have fun at your first official outing.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
It will be good seeing you again Debbie and Dick, it's been a while. Thanks Gus for your posting. We are at 6 rigs now, plenty of room for more.:cool:

Flying Dutchman

Hey Larry, we are both disappointed that you and Sam can't make this camp-out, but we fully understand and know that we will have many more opportunities to camp together. I must confess however that I am relieved that you will not be with us, because I am scared to wits end that your presence would also bring forth that character by the name of Lance. I would be a nervous wreck all weekend continually looking over my shoulder for that confounded missile or boulder to come crashing down on us. He does seem to find you. Just saying ...;)

camperjohn08

Nancy & I will be there 18 Oct thru 22 Oct. on site 51..

Eric.. Nancy & I were thinking.. we want to have Breakfast @ our site Friday morning .. French Toast & Sausage .:p Everyone else can bring what they want to add to the meal If they like.. We did this in Maryland and it went off well. I also brought a "new electric griddle", so we shall make things go much more quickly. Anyone for Breakfast??:confused:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Larry, we are both disappointed that you and Sam can't make this camp-out, but we fully understand and know that we will have many more opportunities to camp together. I must confess however that I am relieved that you will not be with us, because I am scared to wits end that your presence would also bring forth that character by the name of Lance. I would be a nervous wreck all weekend continually looking over my shoulder for that confounded missile or boulder to come crashing down on us. He does seem to find you. Just saying ...;)

I understand completely Eric. lance is a little free with those missiles and boulders.!

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
[/B][/I][/U]

I understand completely Eric. lance is a little free with those missiles and boulders.!

Hey now, what folks need to understand is that the missiles and boulders are "heat seekers".......they go where the "hot air" is......:rolleyes:

Soooooo, MOST folks are safe!

Flying Dutchman

Hey Roger and Janet, that is great joining us. That makes 7 rigs, we are going to have FUN.
@camperjohn08: Great idea for the breakfast, I am sure it will be enjoyed by all. Dorothy said she would bring fruit so that will round out the food. We have that large coffee percolator so we will crank that up. John, you make the best coffee, right?
@lduguay and SoutherNights, no hot air at this camp-out!! Plan on running all the AC's on high!!:p

camperjohn08

Hey Roger and Janet, that is great joining us. That makes 7 rigs, we are going to have FUN.
@camperjohn08: Great idea for the breakfast, I am sure it will be enjoyed by all. Dorothy said she would bring fruit so that will round out the food. We have that large coffee percolator so we will crank that up. John, you make the best coffee, right?
@lduguay and SoutherNights, no hot air at this camp-out!! Plan on running all the AC's on high!!:p
NOPE! No hot air at this camp-out.. the weather ought to be nice and Cool by then.. And a friendly campfire circle will be in order.. Let the Laugh's begin.. And Yes I usually make good coffee..in a 12 cupper though..:cool:

fordtech 2008

we are coming in on the 18th and leave on the 21st,we have some friends coming with us too we are on sites 36 and 37

Flying Dutchman

Glad you could change your plans and be with us Ken and Marge, and welcome to your friends Betty and Cameron. Our little camp-out will be great, so looking forward to seeing everyone.

lduguay

Hmmmmmm, after review of the attendee list, you might have a "perfect storm" brewing that could produce a lot of hot air!!! Not naming names, just saying........:rolleyes:

Flying Dutchman

Lance, a personal invitation for you and Kem to join us in Williamsburg.:angel: I figure that having you with us may control the amount of "hot air" and thereby providing us all with a high level of protection. So PLEASE come!:cool:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hi Eric,

Please add our friends, Bob and Stephanie Hill. I believe they are on site #48. Arrive Oct 18, Depart Oct 22.

Flying Dutchman

WOW!! :D We are up to 11 rigs at our little camp-out. The more, the merrier!
Welcome to Pete and Deb Fortin, as well as Bob and Stephanie Hill. I have amended the attendee roster on post #1, the site assignment postings have been coordinated with the campground so let me know if you were told different.
Lance and Kem, there is still room for you.:cool:

lduguay

Lance, a personal invitation for you and Kem to join us in Williamsburg.:angel: I figure that having you with us may control the amount of "hot air" and thereby providing us all with a high level of protection. So PLEASE come!:cool:

I wish we could, but already committed that weekend. As far as "control", I might just be the "Eye of the Storm"!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.