PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: VA, Williamsburg - 10/18/2012 to 10/22/2012

Flying Dutchman
09-11-2012, 10:48 AM
146 Maxton Lane, Williamsburg, VA 23188

Venue:
------------------------------

American Heritage RV Park
146 Maxton Lane
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Toll Free: 1-888-530-2267 | Local: 757-566-2133
americanheritagervpark.com (http://americanheritagervpark.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee:
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee:

Details:

Number of sites held: No block reserved
Site fee: published rates per night.
Club Member Event fee: None
Non-Club Member fee:
Potluck: No
Potluck date: 10/20/2012
Potluck time: 5:00pm

Event Leader: Flying Dutchman(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=4524)

Additional Info:
Join us for a relaxing weekend in Williamsburg. Stay for the long weekend, or come for a day. No agenda planned, just fun with your Heartland family. Plenty of area attractions for the restless.
When making reservations, indicate you are with the Heartland group (van Opstal site #50) and they will site you in close proximity. Campground honors Good Sam and AARP discount.
Dinner 10/20 is bring your own meal and share company with your friends. We may plan an evening restaurant meal if group desires.

Attendee List:

1. Gus and Debra Funderburg #49
2. Dorothy and Eric van Opstal #50
3. Nancy and John Latham #51
4. Cindy and Don Massengill #52
5. Marsha and Johnnie Turner #53
6. Debbie and Dick Hazel #54
7. Bob and Stephanie Hill #55
8. Janet and Roger Burnham #56
9. Betty and Cameron Rowe (Gallimore friends) #36
10. Marge, Ken and Sarah Gallimore #37
11. Barbara and Ed Rauch #60

boatto5er
09-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Deb and I are in! See you there. Oct 18-22, site#49.

SouthernNights
09-12-2012, 04:43 AM
I wish Sam and I could be there but we will not be able to make it- :( I know that weekend we will be playing catchup for the [previous three weeks.

Have fun at your first official outing.

funlabs
09-12-2012, 07:01 AM
Dick and I are coming...site #54. Looking forward to it.

Flying Dutchman
09-12-2012, 08:11 AM
It will be good seeing you again Debbie and Dick, it's been a while. Thanks Gus for your posting. We are at 6 rigs now, plenty of room for more.:cool:

Flying Dutchman
09-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Hey Larry, we are both disappointed that you and Sam can't make this camp-out, but we fully understand and know that we will have many more opportunities to camp together. I must confess however that I am relieved that you will not be with us, because I am scared to wits end that your presence would also bring forth that character by the name of Lance. I would be a nervous wreck all weekend continually looking over my shoulder for that confounded missile or boulder to come crashing down on us. He does seem to find you. Just saying ...;)

camperjohn08
09-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Nancy & I will be there 18 Oct thru 22 Oct. on site 51..

Eric.. Nancy & I were thinking.. we want to have Breakfast @ our site Friday morning .. French Toast & Sausage .:p Everyone else can bring what they want to add to the meal If they like.. We did this in Maryland and it went off well. I also brought a "new electric griddle", so we shall make things go much more quickly. Anyone for Breakfast??:confused:

SouthernNights
09-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Hey Larry, we are both disappointed that you and Sam can't make this camp-out, but we fully understand and know that we will have many more opportunities to camp together. I must confess however that I am relieved that you will not be with us, because I am scared to wits end that your presence would also bring forth that character by the name of Lance. I would be a nervous wreck all weekend continually looking over my shoulder for that confounded missile or boulder to come crashing down on us. He does seem to find you. Just saying ...;)

I understand completely Eric. lance is a little free with those missiles and boulders.!

lduguay
09-13-2012, 07:55 PM
[/B][/I][/U]

I understand completely Eric. lance is a little free with those missiles and boulders.!

Hey now, what folks need to understand is that the missiles and boulders are "heat seekers".......they go where the "hot air" is......:rolleyes:

Soooooo, MOST folks are safe!

BURNHAMROG
09-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Janet and I are on site no. 56 looking forwarded seeing very one.

Flying Dutchman
09-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Hey Roger and Janet, that is great joining us. That makes 7 rigs, we are going to have FUN.
@camperjohn08: Great idea for the breakfast, I am sure it will be enjoyed by all. Dorothy said she would bring fruit so that will round out the food. We have that large coffee percolator so we will crank that up. John, you make the best coffee, right?
@lduguay and SoutherNights, no hot air at this camp-out!! Plan on running all the AC's on high!!:p

camperjohn08
09-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Hey Roger and Janet, that is great joining us. That makes 7 rigs, we are going to have FUN.
@camperjohn08: Great idea for the breakfast, I am sure it will be enjoyed by all. Dorothy said she would bring fruit so that will round out the food. We have that large coffee percolator so we will crank that up. John, you make the best coffee, right?
@lduguay and SoutherNights, no hot air at this camp-out!! Plan on running all the AC's on high!!:p
NOPE! No hot air at this camp-out.. the weather ought to be nice and Cool by then.. And a friendly campfire circle will be in order.. Let the Laugh's begin.. And Yes I usually make good coffee..in a 12 cupper though..:cool:

fordtech 2008
09-15-2012, 02:24 PM
we are coming in on the 18th and leave on the 21st,we have some friends coming with us too we are on sites 36 and 37

Flying Dutchman
09-16-2012, 06:25 AM
Glad you could change your plans and be with us Ken and Marge, and welcome to your friends Betty and Cameron. Our little camp-out will be great, so looking forward to seeing everyone.

lduguay
09-16-2012, 09:43 AM

Hmmmmmm, after review of the attendee list, you might have a "perfect storm" brewing that could produce a lot of hot air!!! Not naming names, just saying........:rolleyes:

Flying Dutchman
09-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Lance, a personal invitation for you and Kem to join us in Williamsburg.:angel: I figure that having you with us may control the amount of "hot air" and thereby providing us all with a high level of protection. So PLEASE come!:cool:

boatto5er
09-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Hi Eric,

Please add our friends, Bob and Stephanie Hill. I believe they are on site #48. Arrive Oct 18, Depart Oct 22.

Flying Dutchman
09-17-2012, 09:28 AM
WOW!! :D We are up to 11 rigs at our little camp-out. The more, the merrier!
Welcome to Pete and Deb Fortin, as well as Bob and Stephanie Hill. I have amended the attendee roster on post #1, the site assignment postings have been coordinated with the campground so let me know if you were told different.
Lance and Kem, there is still room for you.:cool:

camperjohn08
09-17-2012, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE=Flying Dutchman;267284]WOW!! :D We are up to 11 rigs at our little camp-out. The more, the merrier!

Wow Looks like we are going to need more food for Breakfast Fri Morning.. I hope there will be enough French toast to go around.. Gotta Get those chickens laying more eggs:o

lduguay
09-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Lance, a personal invitation for you and Kem to join us in Williamsburg.:angel: I figure that having you with us may control the amount of "hot air" and thereby providing us all with a high level of protection. So PLEASE come!:cool:

I wish we could, but already committed that weekend. As far as "control", I might just be the "Eye of the Storm"!!!!

Richard156
09-30-2012, 08:41 AM
I live 3 miles from the event. I just bought a sundance last April can I attend any of the planed events

camperjohn08
09-30-2012, 09:05 AM
I live 3 miles from the event. I just bought a sundance last April can I attend any of the planed events

Call and make your reservations for our Heartland Camp-out.. That will give you all a chance to see just how much fun we all have when we Heartlanders get together..:angel:

We can also tell ya the benefits of becoming a Heartland Owners Club member too..

If ya can't bring your rig, then drive over and introduce yourself. Until then Welcome Heartlander..

funlabs
09-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Dick and I would like to help out on breakfast. Can we bring a doz. eggs? How about more sausage? Do you want an electric griddle and/or frying pan? What would be helpful?

camperjohn08
09-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Dick and I would like to help out on breakfast. Can we bring a doz. eggs? How about more sausage? Do you want an electric griddle and/or frying pan? What would be helpful?
An extra electric griddle to cook the sausage would help.. If ya want to bring anything else by all means bring them.. Looks like we are gonna have a bigger crowd of Heartland Friends and Family @ this camp-out..
Thanks Again for the offer.. We "All" will appreciate a "Good Breakfast" to start another Great Heartland Camp-Out Rally..:p

Nabo
09-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Gosh - I wish we weren't still in the work force and live a little closer. Sounds like a great campout shaping up. Ya'll have fun!!!

fordtech 2008
09-30-2012, 04:41 PM
welcome to the heartland family come and join us in williamsburg

Flying Dutchman
09-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Hi Richard156, we would love to have you enjoy the camp-out with us. You will meet some of the most gracious friendly camping family ever. We are planning on having a non structured agenda (total relaxation) camp-out with the Williamsburg area providing all of the activities you could want. As you have read in these posts there will be opportunity to have meals together as well as opportunity to socialize. Give the campground a call to reserve a site and check back here to let us know if you are attending. Hope to meet you soon.

camperjohn08
10-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Heres a question.. Are we going to have a wine tasting get together during this event??
Nancy want's to bring a bottle of wine.. we have plenty of chips..Anyway I threw it out there.. to see if anyone is Game..:rolleyes:

boatto5er
10-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Heres a question.. Are we going to have a wine tasting get together during this event??
Nancy want's to bring a bottle of wine.. we have plenty of chips..Anyway I threw it out there.. to see if anyone is Game..:rolleyes:

Did someone say wine tasting? I'm game!

By the way John, I can bring a griddle (just like the one you had in MD) if you would like to use it for the breakfast.

camperjohn08
10-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Did someone say wine tasting? I'm game!

By the way John, I can bring a griddle (just like the one you had in MD) if you would like to use it for the breakfast. woo hoo.. now we got four griddles for the breakfast cookout.. we are gonna need some bacon & eggs to put in them extra griddles..:rolleyes:
All kidding aside though.. wine & Cheese & Crackers one day.. Breakfast another.. it's gonna be a Party..:p

Flying Dutchman
10-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Wow, for a non-structured lay back camp-out, things are shaping up. A wine tasting will be fun, so let's plan that for a late afternoon event. Best morning for John's breakfast is probably Saturday so all attendees can participate. (John, we will bring 2 dozen farm fresh eggs for the breakfast)I would also suggest having a pizza night (or day) at Sal's. We really like Sal's pizza and I think you will too. We are presently at the NC/SC rally in Waynesville and will travel directly to American Heritage RV Park to arrive Thursday. Safe travels and we will see you there.

boatto5er
10-14-2012, 07:10 PM
We can bring some Turkey Smoked Sausages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatto5er
10-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Hey everybody, bring your Halloween decorations.

fordtech 2008
10-15-2012, 11:26 AM
we will be celebrating our anniversary on sunday and our friend cameron will celebrate his birthday on saturday marj and I may make a trip to capt. georges one night

boatto5er
10-16-2012, 07:54 AM
Since we haven't used our trailer in almost two months, we're pulling it onto the local National Park CG tonight to hook up, load supplies and get the reefer going. Plan on arriving around 3:00 Thursday. We are SOOOO looking forward to this trip. Can't wait to see everyone.

Flying Dutchman
10-16-2012, 09:10 AM
We are back from another memorable rally in Waynesville NC hosted by the joint NC/SC chapters and are looking forward to our gathering this weekend. Well Happy Birthday Cameron, and Happy Anniversary to our love birds Ken and Marge. We hope that you have a great time as it looks to be a great weekend. We have attracted another wonderful Heartland couple to our little camp-out, Barb and Ed Rauch will be joining us. It will be great seeing them again. Everyone travel safe, and we will see you soon.

boatto5er
10-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Welcome Ed and Barb - all the way from North Carolina!

camperjohn08
10-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Welcome Ed and Barb - all the way from North Carolina!Welcome Ed & Barb.. to our Camp-out..
Hey I live about 18 miles from the NC Border.. here in VA,, Does that count??:rolleyes:

And Gus.. Just washed & Shined our rig up for the trip, power'ing up the Refer today.. and loading it up tomorrow.. We too haven't used our Rig since the last event.. (except for that trip to the dealer for the New Front A/C unit) Can't wait to have some fun and Get up with our Friends..And sit around a nice campfire..:)
We will be early birds thursday morning..

mjatwalker
10-16-2012, 10:28 AM
Sounds like you guys are in for a great camp-out have fun!!!:)

jbeletti
10-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Have a fun camp-out!

brauch
10-21-2012, 02:21 PM
What great weather we have had for this campout. Again today the sun is shining and the leaves are falling. Some of our fellow campers have gone for home, but many still remain. We will have a leftover, pot luck get together again tonight (an maybe another campfire & movie ???) and will pack up and return home tomorrow. Really enjoying this beautiful Fall weather and spending quality time with Heartland friends.

Flying Dutchman
10-22-2012, 07:57 PM
For a laid back camp-out, all of the elements resulted in a home run. The Williamsburg location allowed for a large variety of activities and events, and not surprisingly a "shop 'till you drop" experience for some of us. The weather was "picture" perfect, with warm sunny days and cool evenings to enjoy the nightly camp fire (thanks Don and John). And the food, abundant and scrumptious, exactly what HOC gatherings have built a reputation for. I hear through the grape vine that Heartland is designing a new line of campers, all of which offer a 48 inch wide entry door:rolleyes:. But the absolute best part of this event was being with the greatest bunch of Heartlander's (and some of their SOB friends) for a memorable time of being together:). Hope to see you all and many more at our next event, ... so Rally-On!

boatto5er
10-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Wonder if I can retrofit that 48" door? Definitely a Grand Slam Homerun this weekend.

funlabs
10-23-2012, 07:35 AM
We had a great time! Nice weather, good friends! Good job, Dorothy and Eric!

camperjohn08
10-27-2012, 08:22 PM
I agree .. One of the Best darn gon Rally Camp-outs we have had in a long time.. Everything from the fantastic breakfast, the wine and cheese event.. our many pot lucks.. our Many nightly Camp fires.. and not to be out done.. OUR Fantastic Heartland friends.. a good time by All. Wish we all could of stayed longer.. Lets Hope and Pray we have great weather the end of November.. so we all can do this again..:)
John & Nancy