DVD/CD Player Has Stopped Working

jcbrunet

My DVD/CD player has stopped working for no apparent reason. I have done extensive troubleshooting with no results. The error message that I get is "no video signal". This is a Genesis GT2.0 media player in a 2013 Big Country 5th wheel. I am also having problems getting the functions to work ie, eject, mode change, etc. Can you tell me if I need to have the dealership change out this unit or is there a quick fix that is not in the troubleshooting manual?
:(

danemayer

Re: jcbattheriver

Hi jcbrunet,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are willing to share their experience and knowledge.

I'm assuming your "no video signal" message is what's displayed on the TV and that you 1) have the TV set to the correct input and 2) haven't moved things around in a way that would disturb cables.

"Having problems getting the functions to work" is a bit vague, but if you mean they just don't work at all, it sounds like the player is failing and will likely need to be replaced.

Btw, I deleted the other 2 posts on this problem. Forum rules don't allow for duplicate posts.

Bub2119

I am having a problem with the genesis player in my newly purchased sundance 3300ck the player will not load a DVD or cd it keeps ejecting it and I have tried multiple different kinds. I used factory ones and ones I created myself and nothing will work. Does anyone have any ideas for a fix

wdk450

I am having a problem with the genesis player in my newly purchased sundance 3300ck the player will not load a DVD or cd it keeps ejecting it and I have tried multiple different kinds. I used factory ones and ones I created myself and nothing will work. Does anyone have any ideas for a fix

You might check for debris or foreign objects in the DVD player drawer area.
Do you have kids? Little kids have a bad reputation for putting foreign objects in DVD drawers and VCR slots.

If you have warranty, use it. Unfortunately, for most consumer electronics, it is not cost effective to fix them, with high shop labor rates. You might Google the Genisis model number to see if a replacement is availible, and what it might cost.

rick_debbie_gallant

You might check for debris or foreign objects in the DVD player drawer area.
Do you have kids? Little kids have a bad reputation for putting foreign objects in DVD drawers and VCR slots.

If you have warranty, use it. Unfortunately, for most consumer electronics, it is not cost effective to fix them, with high shop labor rates. You might Google the Genisis model number to see if a replacement is availible, and what it might cost.

Long story short: three three year old in new mini van while loading stuff in it for a move (child's parents). Loose change on console. Child puts loose change in said DVD player. Ouch!!!

Bub2119

Took rv to dealer and they have ordered a new unit. Using warranty and trying everything as much as possible within year 1. Thanks for the suggestions and comments

BobFields

Have you resolved your issue yet?

Please contact me directly if you have not.
Thanks

Bob
bfields@aridiantech.com
My DVD/CD player has stopped working for no apparent reason. I have done extensive troubleshooting with no results. The error message that I get is "no video signal". This is a Genesis GT2.0 media player in a 2013 Big Country 5th wheel. I am also having problems getting the functions to work ie, eject, mode change, etc. Can you tell me if I need to have the dealership change out this unit or is there a quick fix that is not in the troubleshooting manual?
:(

Stevo

I am also having problems with both of my Genesis 2 and 3. The dvd player for the 3 ate the cd and now nothing will operate. The 2 outside is awaiting a replacement as it quit working also. I am a little leary of the quality of these units.